Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #13,961  
It looks like a shipping frame. The ones from overseas come in those a lot of the time. Otherwise the round bottom of the bucket would not be stable in the shipping container. I like the ones that come that way as you don't need to secure them in a van trailer. The bucket is bolted in them. Kinda like the shipping frames that TSC rototillers come in.
Except that there is no bottom on it (going under the black buckets) and the bucket has marks where it has been connected to a loader.
I would guess that it is a frame of some sort and the SSQA connects to on what is currently the top.
I suspect that it may be to unroll a large roll of geotextile fabric, or something similar.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #13,962  
GM-Tow-Hero.jpg

message-editor_1613142144859-screenshot2021-02-12at9.31.57am.png

Chevy Pickup Towing 53-Foot Semi Trailer on a Car Dolly Is a Catastrophe Waiting to Happen

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #13,963  
^^^^
Wow. At first I thought that it might be a setup for moving trailers around in the yard, but he was obviously headed out into the roadway with that setup. Aside from the issues mentioned in your linked articles, I don't believe that the trailer jacks are designed for hauling rather, they are for holding stationary weight.
At lest he had that 2x4 across the bed, to protect his truck... or crush the bed rails when the system failed.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #13,964  
Now would be a good time for somebody to post a pic of towing wrong... otherwise I may have to go put a cord of green hardwood on my 2000 lb payload dump trailer, just to get the thread back on track.
Mr. Jstpssng...timely...nicely done!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #13,965  
It looks like a shipping frame. The ones from overseas come in those a lot of the time. Otherwise the round bottom of the bucket would not be stable in the shipping container. I like the ones that come that way as you don't need to secure them in a van trailer. The bucket is bolted in them. Kinda like the shipping frames that TSC rototillers come in.

I don't know what the yellow frame was all about. I do know from following him (after he passed me) that the bucket was freely walking around on that trailer deck any time he hit a bump. He was also flying, about 10 over the posted limit, could only catch up to him at the red light (where picture came from). He went another few miles and turned off into a new housing construction development, so I didn't get another look.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #13,966  
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #13,967  
Looks to me like it's welded to the outside rails....

^^^ That is what I think. My best guess is when he loads his skid steer on the trailer whatever attachment is actually on the skid steer rests on top of the yellow frame. Just a way of having an extra attachment with him. When the skid steer is properly loaded behind it no need to tie down the bucket, it would be contained. But in this case he sure should have.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #13,969  
... and lookin g at the picture of the 53 foot van trailer and the pickup truck, an empty 53 foot van trailer might weigh 10,000 pounds, well within the towing capacity of the pickup truck. heck, I pull a 28 foot gooseneck with my 350 Ford all the time, loaded with 20,000 pounds of round bales. You can tell the van is empty, look at the tires on the dolly, they aren't squatting at all. Not fond of the tow method but he's actually 100% legal weight wise. and if the dolly is securely attached to the landing gear, there is no issue other than maybe lights.