Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,491  
(From another site) It does appear to be secure though.

Doug in SW IA

Attachments

• aawood~3.JPG
    aawood~3.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 256
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,492  
No one was around to hold his beers, so he drank them before using the "impalement" method of loading firewood.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,493  
That last one was close. Most likely fell off another vehicle, or blew down in the road in front of him.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,495  
Man, I hate it when that happens.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,496  
If that was one of my recoveries, I would back my rig up into the foreground of the picture, hook a snatch block and cable to a frame point low down on the ass end of the trailer and winch it around. Easy peasy. No muss, no fuss. And sure as hell not "off loading" anything.

As the saying goes, "Tick Tock MF-r"

State wants the highway opened up NOW!!

No time for diddling around.

Drag her ass over into the right lane shoulder so State can open up at least the one lane. If the rest of the axles are ok, hook the tractor from the front, drop the driveline, hook up air to the brakes and boogy. If the suspension is wrecked and can't tow it wheels down, drag her off the highway and call in a Low Boy.
It didn't look like there was enough space to drag the back end of the trailer sideways and clear the pillars, but perhaps there is.
Looking at the road, it appears to just be a two-lane road under the highway so not anywhere near as much traffic as an interstate.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,498  
OOPS! It looks like he couldn't hold his beer.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,499  
it appears to just be a two-lane road under the highway so not anywhere near as much traffic as an interstate.
... but it might be the only crossing for several miles if that's really rural. So I can see why highway patrol would want it cleared as soon as possible. Think of a firetruck having to go the long way around.