Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,263  
One has to wonder (among other things) what would cause the towed vehicle to behave that way.
It looks as if the tow point on the heavily bodged school bus is to the right of center by a bit, and the front wheels are off the ground. There has to be some kind of tracking error that causes it to jump around like that, to the point that it shed a corner of the bumper.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,264  
One has to wonder (among other things) what would cause the towed vehicle to behave that way.
It looks as if the tow point on the heavily bodged school bus is to the right of center by a bit, and the front wheels are off the ground. There has to be some kind of tracking error that causes it to jump around like that, to the point that it shed a corner of the bumper.
I would guess that by raising the front of the car and taking a substantial amount of weight off the rear suspension, it causes a lot of camber, and the angle of the suspension translates that to toe-in and once an oscillation starts, it sustains itself. I can't imagine those rear tires will last too long being abused like that.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,265  
Whoever followed that bouncing car being towed that close was nuts. I'd get way back, or get ahead if it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,266  
I would guess that by raising the front of the car and taking a substantial amount of weight off the rear suspension, it causes a lot of camber, and the angle of the suspension translates that to toe-in and once an oscillation starts, it sustains itself.
Bingo! I think that's the answer.

There were some imports of the '60's that behaved like that. Cornering too hard would tuck a wheel under and over it went.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,269  
I'm thinking the person watching this from in front of the truck may need CPR!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,270  
Ouch. Poor truck owner.