Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,572  
You’re correct Jstpssng. Cinder blocks are not very strong at all, until filled with rebar and concrete. We have broken dozens over the years just from loading/unloading the material.
I worked with a young guy who found his dad crushed from collapsed cinder blocks while working under his car.
That was a very kind deed for you to take a fellow some wood blocks for his car.
I would think the compression load for a solid block of wood is exponentially greater than cinder block.
Although my post was in jest because of the picture of a foolish lift situation, I’m a firm believer in wisdom, (common sense) and safety. Even above humor. Thanks for your post. (y)
I believe so. It generally would take quite a bit of weight to compromise a good chunk of hemlock. OTOH I believe that a TBN member was killed when the piece of wood supporting his mower split while he was under it. I like having two different things supporting the weight before crawling underneath anything. I don't even trust the cheap jack stands you can buy, they are too flimsy.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,573  
The car ain't gonna pull the avalanche out.
Looks like a tacoma to me.

Speaking of tacomas (and rust) those 80s-90s vintage ones were pretty bad in that regard. You'd barely get it home from the dealer before the bed rotted off, front fenders weren't far behind.
I believe so. It generally would take quite a bit of weight to compromise a good chunk of hemlock. OTOH I believe that a TBN member was killed when the piece of wood supporting his mower split while he was under it. I like having two different things supporting the weight before crawling underneath anything. I don't even trust the cheap jack stands you can buy, they are too flimsy.
Yeah, especially after the recall of the HF ones a few years ago. :eek:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,574  
I almost smoked an old man on a snowmobile once. He's darn lucky I saw him when I did.

When I got the van stopped, I couldn't see the snowmobile. Driver of the snowmobile gunned it when the van was stopped and pulled out of the road.

Only damage besides the idiot needing clean shorts was the front license plate ripped the seat when he gunned it.

If he allowed me to back up, it would probably have been fine.

Guy checked traffic down the hill on the road I was on, but never once checked up the hill before crossing the road.
Mine was in middle of town at gas station. He was with a group and followed instead of checking traffic. The group motioned him to stop but ignored them. Broken tie rod smashed grill and crumpled hood was the results. He ended up on the other side of the street in a parking lot. No idea how long he was in hospital for.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,575  
Hey man, there's one on the front *and* the back!
That was actually a real kijijji pic I came across.
In fairness (and possibly ruining the humor) he had a flimsy strap on the front and back
but if I remember the pic now, they were not attached to anything important.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,576  
1649198956350.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,577  
^^^ Cold !! LOL

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,578  
Harbor Freight Jack stands are OK. I don't have any because I've had my old set since before they were in this corner of the country. The ones that were recalled had thin tabs the stop the shaft from coming out. So stupid people put the shaft on top of the ratchet to get more height and they would break. But if you don't do that they are fine. If I needed some I would consider theirs. The only HF jack stands I have are the under hoist tall ones. And they work great.
20160131_113719.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,579  
Harbor Freight Jack stands are OK. I don't have any because I've had my old set since before they were in this corner of the country. The ones that were recalled had thin tabs the stop the shaft from coming out. So stupid people put the shaft on top of the ratchet to get more height and they would break. But if you don't do that they are fine. If I needed some I would consider theirs. The only HF jack stands I have are the under hoist tall ones. And they work great.View attachment 740542
I agree! Recognize the limitations of your equipment and you’ll be fine!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,580  
But if you don't do that they are fine. If I needed some I would consider theirs.
The new ones are made by different people, are beefier, and have the locking 'key' that slides through.