Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,737  
Train vs dump truck .... everybody loses.

https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/a6beee6a23ca418ba84ec5579d8be8da/1000.jpeg

This is something most cityfolk don't understand:

"Six medical helicopters parked nearby were waiting to transport patients.

Close to 20 local and state law enforcement agencies, ambulance services, fire department and medical helicopter services responded, Dunn said. The first emergency responders arrived within 20 minutes of receiving a 911 call, he said."

They get used to responders arriving in a few minutes. Out in the sticks, 20 minutes is fairly quick and it can sometimes be an hour for first units to arrive and even longer for enough units arrive to be effective.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,738  
Heard about that on the radio yesterday, ugh, terrible.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,739  
Train vs dump truck .... everybody loses.

This is something most cityfolk don't understand:

They get used to responders arriving in a few minutes. Out in the sticks, 20 minutes is fairly quick and it can sometimes be an hour for first units to arrive and even longer for enough units arrive to be effective.
I don't think long response time is a mystery to anyone. Maybe there is a mistaken expectation that there are fewer things for their train to run into in a rural area.

I came upon a crash and hung around for a half hour before the nearest volunteer fire department mobilized and arrived. Lady in a Mustang ran the stop sign of a side road and t-boned a semi at its saddle tank. The flood of fuel greased all his right side tires as he ran over the hood of the Mustang, and braked. His gravel trailer swung around and took out the last axles of an oncoming gravel semi, then he was trapped in his cab as he jackknifed severely. That semi driver was injured but was talking to people who stopped. Driver of the semi who lost his last axle and I, went to see the Mustang lady who was spun off to the shoulder. Totally unresponsive. No obvious injury but we assumed she was dead. It felt like the whole afternoon passed before the VFD arrived.

I hope to never see anything like that again.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,740  
I would expect a lot longer wait than 1/2 hour before a response in the places that I work. It might take 2-4 times that long just to get out far enough to make a phone call.

Years ago I was walking back to my truck when a young woman pulled up and asked my if I had a cell phone; she'd been hiking with her father and he'd fallen about 150 feet onto a frozen river. That was before lunchtime... it was nearly 4:00 that afternoon before the cavalry arrived.