Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,902  
This reminds me of a story a concrete driver told me once.
In Philly he was doing a pour and a guy drove up and asked if he had anything left, could he fill the bed of his pickup.
Driver told him that was not a good idea, but the guy said he didn't care, his truck was an old clunker.
So driver dumps in the bed of the truck. Naturally the truck bottomed right out.
Guy said it was ok, he was only going around the corner. He started his truck, put it in drive, and the rear proceeded to blow out.
Driver then said the guy got out of his truck, took a long hard look at it, and proceeded to take the plates off and walk away.:LOL:

Sorry, this was over 20 years ago, no photos.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,903  
... proceeded to take the plates off and walk away.
BTDT (similar) when I was young and poor. My ratty $50 49 Chev. Parked and went into a stereo dealer in San Francisco.

Came out 10 minutes later and it was gone. Learned that the curb lane transformed from parking to a traffic lane at 4pm commute hour. The tow driver must have watched me park then swooped instantly on the stroke of 4.

I took them the pink slip. Their towing and storage cost more than I could buy another junker for. Resumed riding my BSA 650 for college transportation.

Sister, similar. 55 Chev. Rear axle snapped at the differential and slid most of the way out as she rolled to a stop. She paid the towing bill with handing over the pink slip.

Cars used to be cheap.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,904  
Really makes you want to stay home .Kevin

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,905  
It'll be fine, he has that load X braced for stability. o_Oo_O

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,907  
Who needs a truck. I think I will sell both of mine. Apparently my Corvettes are all I need. Who knew. This guy showed me a great life hack.
tapatalk_-1611283804_300x400.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,910  
I own a 1975 Steyr Daimler Puch x-military vehicle - The Pinzgauer 710M. it its very well engineered vehicle for off-roading in it's day.

Dave
Your picture and choice of vehicle would have me thinking Austria if you had not posted location