Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,191  
I couldn't get a good photo because my door window is too high. I wanted to get ahead of him. The canopy and truck room are badly caved in. If one of those aluminum bows in the canopy breaks it's all coming off. It's strapped to the truck frame so the straps will just fall off.
20230427_154019.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,193  
I couldn't get a good photo because my door window is too high. I wanted to get ahead of him. The canopy and truck room are badly caved in. If one of those aluminum bows in the canopy breaks it's all coming off. It's strapped to the truck frame so the straps will just fall off.View attachment 798279
If I see crap like that on the road with me, I'm usually wondering if it's safer to be in front vs the danger of trying to pass him/her/it, or should I be lagging behind at a safe (?) distance to pick up the pieces...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,194  
If I see crap like that on the road with me, I'm usually wondering if it's safer to be in front vs the danger of trying to pass him/her/it, or should I be lagging behind at a safe (?) distance to pick up the pieces...
He was only going 40 on the freeway. I was 13 hours into my day and wanted that truck parked so I could go home. I wasn't going to follow him.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,195  
He was only going 40 on the freeway. I was 13 hours into my day and wanted that truck parked so I could go home. I wasn't going to follow him.
13 HRS!!!!!!
OMG... Don't we have laws against that???
You're going to KILL everybody else on the highways.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,196  
13 HRS!!!!!!
Not necessarily. Jon

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,197  
13 HRS!!!!!!
Yeah but 14 is the limit. I do it most days. You can't drive over 11 of that but I make so many stops there's no way for me to drive 11.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,198  
Yeah but 14 is the limit. I do it most days. You can't drive over 11 of that but I make so many stops there's no way for me to drive 11.
That is probably why I survived.
Thank You.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,200  
As I got onto the highway after work last friday afternoon, the Buick Regal in the right lane going 70mph right in front of me was ejecting some plastic parts out from underneath it. So I spooled up the turbos and quickly shot around him before anything could hit my truck. Couldn't believe what I saw, this dude's entire front bumper assembly was completely underneath the front of the car, and his grills, fog lights, bumper cover, supports, etc were just being shredded to bits on the concrete highway. Did he rear end the crap out of someone and then just speed away? My only guess.

Can you imagine the sound it must have been making in the car? And he's just driving straight ahead at 70 like nothing is wrong. Didn't react at all to my quick wave of panic to him, so I just sped off.