Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,691  
The trailer side rails appear to have more bend than the trailer frame.

But the trailer frame appears to sag each way from the axles.

1704336271875.png

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,692  
The trailer side rails appear to have more bend than the trailer frame.

But the trailer frame appears to sag each way from the axles.

View attachment 842324

Bruce
Each log is 60 to 80lbs. I've hauled 40 at one time. It was not fun. And my trailer had metal walls !

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,693  
I'd say there's some squatting happening. It's not getting crushed...
View attachment 842321

... at least not like that trailer is.
Look at the line of the deck going forwards from the axles, quite the bend.

The truck could have airbags on it as well...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,695  
Jeep announced 5000 pound capacity for 2024 for the auto 3.6 and 2.0t motor and produced some marketing material with that number. But then printed all the specs that came with the vehicles with 3500. It is causing an uproar and someone will probably sue.

Here is the marketing brochure that has 5000k towing On the official jeep site

View attachment 842311
I don't mean any of this to argue with you, I may have written it wrong, I was more pointing out the errors in the rating by Jeep.

The 2024 owner's manual shows the tow rating as 3500? I think Jeep got the tow rating info wrong in the brochure. My understanding is overseas (EU) they do have a higher rating (think 5500lbs) so I wonder if the advertising was supposed to be for that market but if so the # is still a bit off. On the website where the brochure is, if you go to specs it doesn't list any of the Wranglers as being allowed to tow over 3500 - seems marketing, legal, and engineering are having a little trouble getting on the same page. Lol

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,696  
I don't mean any of this to argue with you, I may have written it wrong, I was more pointing out the errors in the rating by Jeep.

The 2024 owner's manual shows the tow rating as 3500? I think Jeep got the tow rating info wrong in the brochure. My understanding is overseas (EU) they do have a higher rating (think 5500lbs) so I wonder if the advertising was supposed to be for that market but if so the # is still a bit off. On the website where the brochure is, if you go to specs it doesn't list any of the Wranglers as being allowed to tow over 3500 - seems marketing, legal, and engineering are having a little trouble getting on the same page. Lol
When I was shopping for a Jeep in past summer we were deciding between the 2023 4 dr Wrangler 4x4 6 cyl or the 2023 Grand Cherokee with the 3.6 V6 4x4. The Wranglers had max towing 3500 and the Grand Cherokee had 6200. We went with the Grand Cherokee so we can tow my tractor or my Camper Trailer or RTV ( all are roughly 5000 lbs loaded trailers) for when my GMC truck dies eventually We also saw that the 2024 Wrangler was only available with the 4cyl turbo , so a newer year Wrangler was not a consideration either. Very happy with Grand Cherokee so far.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,697  
Poor load placement, I think.

Not sure why people tend to put loads too far forward on trailers. But do understand why trailer manufacturers keep putting the axles farther and farther back.

People have stopped thinking.
I encountered two older gentleman that decided to get into hot shotting during covid.

They went out and bought a brand new gmc 2500 diesel and a 35ft goose neck trailer.

They hauled a skid mount pump to my branch. The pump weighed 12,000 lbs.

These guys had it loaded on the front of their trailer.

When they showed up, they were complaining about the load and how it beat the he$$ out of them.

They then refused the back haul which was a similar unit.

I asked them if the yard guy where they picked up the load, headed for the front of the trailer, or the axles????

They stated that the young guy was trying to place it over the axles, but they (the drivers) knew better and told him to place it by the tongue of the trailer.

I then gave the guys a quick class about load placement while I was unloading the unit. I move it back over the axles and then had them reinspect their trailer.

I told them, if they had placed it there, they would have been able to go down the highway and not feel it back there.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #19,699  
I told them, if they had placed it there, they would have been able to go down the highway and not feel it back there.
Yes, properly loaded on the trailer and with the trailer brakes set correctly, I really only notice decreased acceleration.