Shattered Cab Glass

/ Shattered Cab Glass #1  

rooster628

Anyone over heard of the front cab glass just shattering while parked? Know it sounds like a crazy question but I have a friend who showed up at his place one weekend and found the front glass on his cab tractor shattered. He found no evidence of a rock, etc. laying around. Could the heat have shattered it? He lives in E. TX where it might have been 100 degrees the week it happened. I told him someone had to have done it on purpose. He doesn't believe it especially since his other bigger Kubota tractor was sitting nearby and was unharmed. Could his son have done it with a BB gun? Wouldn't it take more than a BB gun to shatter the glass where it flew all around in the cab?

/ Shattered Cab Glass #2  
Wouldn't it take more than a BB gun to shatter the glass where it flew all around in the cab?

Definetly not...when this safety glass lets go, it lets go with a BANG, literally...Mine broke "Outside" of the cab and to this day I still find an occasional glass fragment in the garage...Glass covered the interior...you could have sworn someone hit it with a baseball bat, but I know it was my own stupidity...

I've heard of glass "Spontaniously" exploding....Its possible and probable...

/ Shattered Cab Glass #3  
Had my front glass shatter on my cabbed JD 3720. Had it on a trailer. Assumed a rock did it but don't really know. Never found a rock. Millions of tiny pieces of glass. Like Spudland dave said, still finding tiny pieces of glass 1 year later. I did notice I had to adjust the door latch to get it to close properly after the new glass was put in. I suppose it is possible the glass shattered because of stress in the frame of the cab.

/ Shattered Cab Glass #4  
I have heard of the heat causing the window to break.

/ Shattered Cab Glass #6  
Could have been a BB-gun.

/ Shattered Cab Glass #7  
Driving from Fla to Texas in really hot weather,I once had a 'hinge out' vent window simply shatter when a cool coastal breeze hit the window.
The vent window was at just the right angle to fully catch the hot sun rays and the sudden cool breeze simply shattered the glass!

Another time on a 50 mile brand new car the entire rear window simply exploded when I closed the front door.
Turned out that there was a weld spot that caused a pressure point and the door closing kinda compressed the air in the car putting pressure on that point and BOOM she went!
Was kinda drafty.(and a million glass crystals all over the place)

/ Shattered Cab Glass #8  
It can get hot in Texas. My Brother had both windows in his car shatter in Lubbock one summer.

I remember seeing a phone booth shatter in front of an Eckerds once. I think it was the Summer of 1980 - worse ever...

D.