She bleed out today!

/ She bleed out today! #1  

MrEvilPirate

Tractor
Mahindra 3650
I was moving piles of brush and saw a trail of juice on the ground. Figured I punctured a hose on the loaded but this seems to be much more of a PITA.

I think this was the low point of the transmission I lost a ton of fluid. The hose end broke off in the fitting of that square thing in the picture. Anyone have any idea what this is? I think it is the front of the transmission. I am new to tractors.

The tractor is a 2020 mahi 3650. I have not tried to get the broken off barb from the hose out of the fitting yet. The hose is in the foreground of the pic right hand side, you can see a little drop of hydraulic fluid coming out. No idea why this broke like that honestly. It looks like there is protection in front of it and I wasn't driving over branches and stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_8221.jpg
    IMG_8221.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 607
   / She bleed out today! #3  
It looks like (tough to tell from the pic) that you'll need a new fitting (square thingy) that screws into the housing, and I think you'll also need at least, a new fitting for the hose, and maybe the entire hose. If the hose fitting is crimped onto the hose, you might get away with just the hose fitting and the housing fitting, but I would be surprised if it were that easy.

And, you'll likely have to get both from your dealer. Good luck with that anytime soon...

/ She bleed out today! #4  
You definitely will need a new fitting. Looks like there is some wood wedged in the hose beside the broken fitting. May want to look closer at that one as well.

/ She bleed out today! #5  
I think you could back out the threaded fitting, and just get a new hose or have a new end installed on that hose.

/ She bleed out today!
Thank you all for the replies. I will head back out to the woods tomorrow and try to get the hose barb out of that fitting.

Does anyone know where I can find good parts schematics? I need to find a part number for the hose and possibly that square fitting. I've been looking on parts.mahindra.usa but I have not been able to find these parts I checked both Transmission and Hydraulic sections.

/ She bleed out today! #7  
Any hydraulic or tractor shop can make up a hose as long as you can remove old one and bring it with you. Bring all parts so they can match threads

/ She bleed out today! #8  
Several hoses and tubes at close to lowest point under the tractor.

Thinking.jpg

/ She bleed out today! #9  
You definitely will need a new fitting. Looks like there is some wood wedged in the hose beside the broken fitting. May want to look closer at that one as well.
Good eye I see the wood and some chipped paint in the area, might look into fabricating a guard for those hoses. Looks to me like you maybe able to remove the broken end with an ese out and as someone else said carry complete hose to a local shop that makes hoses.

/ She bleed out today! #10  
It looks like it was a banjo fitting (like the light colored one to the left) that broke off. Getting the banjo bolt out with the frame blocking the bolt head will be difficult.