She finally broke

/ She finally broke #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
1900 hard hours my bs 23 finally broke .i have been so hard on this tractor over last 10 plus years everyone including myself are just amazed of its toughness .ive always serviced it by the book but I've asked way more than what it's made for.
So hauling gravel down a road low gear driving slow and all of a sudden a wicked grinding noise .i stopped immediately backed up and I saw a streak of oil .shut her down got off and oils pouring out of the tranny!
Jacked her up when you turn one tire the other don't rotate the opposite(or at all) way and spins way to easy started it up after checking if any oil in it and no leaks???? But when you try to move her it sometimes grinds
My initial guess broke ring gear,or axle,or differential lock ?
Towed home in neutral, drove it on trailer and unloaded under her own power at dealer
I gotta fix it but wifey says it don't owe us anything and I should get a bigger tractor.
Geez I hate to give up my cab my hoe my bush hog is only 4 ft my blowers only 54 what a decision I have sat on the b 3350 tonight I like the size same width as my blower(guess I could make wings for it) the L felt too big for what I do I think holy cow by the time I buy the 3350 buy a hoe I'm in it for a lot of dough! Thinking keep 23 buy the 3350 with farmi winch call it good gosh my heads going mile a minute
Keep ya all posted what they find

/ She finally broke #2  
Perhaps an L39 or is it L35?

/ She finally broke #3  
Sorry to hear of the problem. Tough call since you have a lot of equipment for the BX that would be undersized for a larger tractor. That seems to point to either a repair or a replacement that's close to the same size.

/ She finally broke #4  
I say you just got a warning sign what maybe laying ahead.:eek:

Best towards your quest.

/ She finally broke
Looked at the b3350 I think .i liked but reading on here lots of issues with smog crap sat on the Los too wow they are big but nice

/ She finally broke #6  
Tractors use to excite me. I would stop at the dealer all the time to see what's new. Now with the tier4 junk, I drive right by. The EPA killed the diesel engine. Trucks are worse, you have to add cow pee pee.

/ She finally broke #7  
I love my little BX23. But maybe you should look at a new BX25 or perhaps another gently used BX23. I see them come up for sale from time to time.

/ She finally broke #9  
I'm afraid to find out how much to fix???? I'm sitting down, go ahead and tell me..