Shear Bolts??

/ Shear Bolts?? #31  
I don't have a blower for my tractor but for my small snowblower I buy regular bolts at a hardware store. Where the shear pins are ground down to break I use a hack saw and cut 1/4 to 1/3 thru the bolt at the same place and they work fine and at a much cheaper price.

/ Shear Bolts?? #32  
I use regular hardware store bolts not hardened bolts and cut them where the shear pins are cut/ground down to snap and hack saw them 1/4 to 1/3 thru and that works fine for me on my small walk behind snow blower. Much cheaper than buying store bought shear pins.

/ Shear Bolts?? #34  
I found the shear bolts for my chipper at Lowes

/ Shear Bolts?? #35  
Metric 8.8 is equivalent to SAE grade 5.

Nothing magic here, just follow your manual and go wherever you normally buy bolts.
Yep...that's the grade my blower uses (2 of them).
Just don't mistake a Grade 8 (US rating) for a Grade 8.8 (metric). Grade 8 (US) is way too strong...probably bust your snow blower before the bolt gave way

/ Shear Bolts?? #36  
Also make sure the bolt is tightened properly, if the bolt is to loose that will allow it to stretch before it shears and possibly make the sheared bolt difficult to remove.

/ Shear Bolts?? #39  
not to sound like an engineer but what are you hitting that you are breaking shear bolts? regardless of what you use for shear pins, try to make sure your plow area is clean, clear of debris and your machine is cleaned after blowing to make sure there is no blocks of ice frozen in the auger(s). Prevention is better than repair.

/ Shear Bolts?? #40  
not to sound like an engineer but what are you hitting that you are breaking shear bolts? regardless of what you use for shear pins, try to make sure your plow area is clean, clear of debris and your machine is cleaned after blowing to make sure there is no blocks of ice frozen in the auger(s). Prevention is better than repair.
Very true, but not always possible...