Shed weight

/ Shed weight #1  

fatjay

Veteran Member
Tractor
Not enough
I need to figure out how much my shed weighs. It's 12x16' with shingle roof. I was considering investing in a set of pallet forks for my bobcat to get it in the air. But my bobcat has a 1000lb lift capacity. The plan was to lift one side, get blocks under it, then lift the other side and get blocks under it.

I've called every shed company and mover in my area, received quotes from $200-250, but when it comes time to do the job, no one returns my phone calls.

/ Shed weight #2  
A hi-lift jack (farm jack) or two will work. Unless your trying to justify the expense of pallet forks......2x2 or 2x4 shed construction, plywood sides, shingle roof, wood floor? About 2600 lbs. - 2900 lbs.

Attachments

• 3B19D73F-E0A6-471E-9E55-DB4AB23BC025.jpeg
    3B19D73F-E0A6-471E-9E55-DB4AB23BC025.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 264
   / Shed weight
There's a set of pallet forks on my local craigslist for $300. The problem is getting under it. I have a couple big jacks but i have about 2" of clearance to get under the shed. It's on a concrete slab so digging out isn't really an option.

It's been over a month trying to get someone out to move it 50', this is the exact reason i end up doing everything myself.

/ Shed weight #4  
You don't need to get "under" it to jack it, lag bolt a 2x4 to the studs on the inside, handyman jack it up off of that, stuff pieces of round fence posts under the plate for rollers, hook tractor to the plate and pull away. Just did that last month with a 16x14. One man job for an afternoon.

/ Shed weight #5  
There's a set of pallet forks on my local craigslist for $300. The problem is getting under it. I have a couple big jacks but i have about 2" of clearance to get under the shed. It's on a concrete slab so digging out isn't really an option.

It's been over a month trying to get someone out to move it 50', this is the exact reason i end up doing everything myself.

A pry bar and an assortment of blocks, 6 lengths of 4" sch. 40 and 2 guys if its a prebuilt type on skids. Lift the corner and block it until you can get the pipe (rollers) under the shed. With the pallet forks youll probably be able to lift one end, but not by much.

/ Shed weight
I'll give that a shot on saturday. Thus far my attempts to jack it up have not been very successful. Pry bars and jacks have gotten me no where.

/ Shed weight #7  
You need a bigger prybar. Leverage works..i swear. I recently leveled my 10x14ft shed made from real wood.(the pic)

A few years ago i helped my father move a 12x16 cedar shed. He jacked it up to support the runners a bit then we chained it to a dodge pickup with next to no air in the tires and drug it about 100ft. This shed was not empty.

Attachments

• 20190628_203912.jpg
    20190628_203912.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 386
   / Shed weight #8  
A low profile floor jack or a big enough lever would get the job done no problem

/ Shed weight #9  
have you tried calling tow companies with rollbacks.?

that size shed should be easy to drag if you dont care about drag marks