Shoe Search

/ Shoe Search #11  
I just ordered these. Allen Edmonds made in USA since 1922. A great price on sale. Leather.
2023_05_18_21.20.17.jpg

/ Shoe Search #12  
That's not my style but it is more in my price range - those $300 shoes were not

/ Shoe Search #13  
I'm pretty disappointed in my search for a black leather soft toe work shoe. I want a shoe that's made in the USA. Red Wings are "globally sourced" now. The only shoe I've found that I like are these and they out of stock in regular width. There are quite a few available from overseas, but most aren't real leather. I would consider Red Wings, which are what I'm wearing now, but I'm not paying $160 for shoes that are not made in the USA.

Whites boots are the highest quality handmade in America boots and shoes I’ve found. They will also custom make them for your feet. I have a pair of their 10” top boots and a short dress boot. But you can’t buy a shoe or boot from them for $160, try double or triple that price. Another boot/shoe that’s made in the US (the American collection) is Chippewa.

/ Shoe Search #14  
Does Bates make one? They still have to my knowledge a good made in USA selection since they do so many military shoes.
Bates definitely does/did make that type of shoe. I wore the Bates #2410 for many years... until I discovered a couple of years ago that style was no longer available. Other similar styles are still available though, but just 'not for me'. Check out Bates.

/ Shoe Search #15  
SAS (San Antonio Shoemaker) has durable and comfortable shoes. I've been wearing them for decades. They have the casual and dress shoes, no boots though (not real boots anyway). You can also get them from Amazon for the same price as the SAS shoe store. I believe they are made in the US but for sure they are made on US foot molds.

SAS website

/ Shoe Search #16  
Stupid shoe thread costed me $320 for 2 pair of work boots.
One of then has got to be returned. :cool:

/ Shoe Search #18  
I got my Allen Edmonds made in USA shoes Monday. They're very well made, happy so far.

/ Shoe Search #19  
Bates quality has been going way down hill and prices nearly doubled in the last two years for the military boots, I've never tried any of their other products.

There are a lot of small shops/cobblers still making good work shoes and boots on the west coast but a lot of them are getting old and going out of business because no one wants to take over. Whites and Nicks are both great but I'm not sure they make slip on shoes, I've got a pair of 10 year old whites that just came back from a rebuild and another pair that's four years old and I find it worth every penny compared to buying new boots every year from other manufacturers that claim to be high quality.
I can second the fall off in quality of Bates' products.

/ Shoe Search #20  
I have MANY big heavy leather boots. Made for riding motorcycles. Not all that good for walking. I've got several pair of moccasins made by Russell Moccasins. They are long wearing, light and tough.

I'm seriously considering getting a pair of boots from Russell. Custom made, custom fit - not all that cheep.

I'm really tired of trying to make my foot fit the boot. I'm going to get a boot designed to fit my foot.