Shooting a Woodpecker.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #52  
The problem is not the animals...it's stupid people...and there are a lot of them...just reading some posts on TBN explains why they need to put directions on shampoo bottles...!

Animals can be a problematic and people can also be stupid.

I am simply baffle on the fact that you are totally against dispatch a woodpecker (which I can understand) but would have no problem dispatching a cat (that I do not)...

Woodpecker, cats and stupid people they have their place in this world, they all play a role in this crazy world whether it affect you or not and remember if you take out all the people stupider than yourself the most stupid person will become yourself so watch what you wish for.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #53  
The impact of cats is minor compared to impact of humans. How did the cats and pythons come here? Where is you line as to "importance" of an animal or plant? Are native snakes, insects and rodents welcome in your house ? Not much you eat is native to North America.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #54  
You should educate yourself about the devastation to native birds and wildlife caused by non native, highly invasive species like cats...
If it were not for bleeding heart morons there would be bounties and eradication programs for feral cats the same as there is for pythons etc in the Everglades...

I have seen the study about small cats kills per square meters it is a lot more than most people think. That why a love a few barn cats around ... but barn cat are not feral some are but not all. I have to admit feral cats do a better job of pest control.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #55  
Anyone leaving cats outside barn or no barn should be charged with a felony with mandatory jail time...!

stupidity abounds...!

lol and that's why it will never be up to you .... there are bigger problem in this world than cats running around killing birds... Birds should be smarter and fly further away, then cats could focus on squirrels, rats and mouses... birds are only collateral damage.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #56  
Anyone leaving cats outside barn or no barn should be charged with a felony with mandatory jail time...!

stupidity abounds...!
*non spayed or neutered cats*

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #57  
We have four cats, neighbors have three. Here's what I know . Before cats we (us & neighbors) had chewed wires on mowers & a car, mice, rats, moles. All very destructive. We had birds nesting in our new horse stable and they would poop on the hay, water buckets, all over. Our barn cat gets along with the neighbors cat (all are spayed/neutered & all shots). No more rats & mice or birds in horse stable. We haven't seen one bird kill in barn, birds just stay away. The neighbor's cat occasionally kills a bird.
We and neighbors feed birds and together put up 40-50 bird houses.
I've had lots of healthy trees damaged by sapsuckers and woodpeckers by they drilling holes all around a healthy branch which kills it, so they're not always after insects.
There's a balance of nature and we are responsible for the proliferation of birds far beyond the very few killed by the cats.

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #58  

stupidity abounds...!
Piney...please! You got this one wrong!

/ Shooting a Woodpecker. #59  
Just just wish people would quit dumping their dogs out here, tired of shooting them or letting the my dogs do the job. Just had someone drive into my driveway dump a dog out, high speed exit then that dog went straight for my ducks and died right there. Then they turned their car around to see why the 30-30 spoke.

On another thing I positive I have more cats killed by birds than the other way around. The eagles and owls are rough on dumb cats.....