Shop Lift

/ Shop Lift #81  
Hazel,

I have the Hd9-XW. Its awesome. The rolling oil funnel thingy is key, I tried using my oil pan on the Jack plate but it’s too awkward for your arms to work around to get to the drain plug.

the oil funnel on wheels was only about 100 bucks.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Shop Lift #83  
I'm guessing at the ceiling height. When he has a Chevelle or GTO on the lift the wheels are at chest height. I couldn't work under it without a rolling chair but he seems to do OK.
I'd struggle with that. If I raise my 4 post all the way it's too high to do almost all maintenance tasks.

/ Shop Lift
Hazel,

I have the Hd9-XW. Its awesome. The rolling oil funnel thingy is key, I tried using my oil pan on the Jack plate but it’s too awkward for your arms to work around to get to the drain plug.

the oil funnel on wheels was only about 100 bucks.
I see what your saying about it being awkward and I figure it would splash out too.
I bought this one a few years ago, have been really happy with it. 20 gallon Portable Oil Lift Drain

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app
Yep I may have to visit Harbor Freight, that one is probably bigger than I need but then that could be a good thing.

/ Shop Lift #85  
I see what your saying about it being awkward and I figure it would splash out too.

Yep I may have to visit Harbor Freight, that one is probably bigger than I need but then that could be a good thing.
Mine is 5 gallon. I wouldn't want it any bigger. Too hard to move and/or empty. Mine is plastic with molded handles, spout, telescoping tube, 20" plastic funnel with a screen to catch the plug that you will most definitely drop. It's got a weight built into the bottom so it doesn't try to tip over.

/ Shop Lift #86  
Mine is 5 gallon. I wouldn't want it any bigger. Too hard to move and/or empty. Mine is plastic with molded handles, spout, telescoping tube, 20" plastic funnel with a screen to catch the plug that you will most definitely drop. It's got a weight built into the bottom so it doesn't try to tip over.
That's one of the nice parts of the 20gal, don't have to empty it often, and when you do it empties via compressed air so no picking it up!

/ Shop Lift #87  
That's one of the nice parts of the 20gal, don't have to empty it often, and when you do it empties via compressed air so no picking it up!

Yep. My Son makes a living as a mechanic. He has one of those. I'll only generate about 50 gallons of used oil off my hoist a year. My small one works great.

/ Shop Lift #88  

I also added one of these, comes in handy for keeping spills to a minimum, also helps if you have to drop a trans pan or diff cover.

/ Shop Lift #89  
BendPak gave me this one free when I ordered my lifts:

When you take it to empty/recycle, does the shaft come off and is there a cap, so it doesn't splash all over the truck?

/ Shop Lift #90  
When you take it to empty/recycle, does the shaft come off and is there a cap, so it doesn't splash all over the truck?
Yes, the drain tube slides out and the opening can be capped.

There is also a hand crank pump which lets you transfer the used oil into other containers. I usually pump the used oil back into the 2.5 gal jugs the new oil came in. It makes it easier to transport without making a mess.