Shop manual?

/ Shop manual? #1  

ericm979

Tractor
Branson 3725H
I have a 3725 on order. I usually get the shop manual for vehicles I buy. But the Branson one is expensive, and to be honest the owner's manual (found on line) is not that great. Is the shop manual worth buying?

/ Shop manual? #2  
I have a 3725 on order. I usually get the shop manual for vehicles I buy. But the Branson one is expensive, and to be honest the owner's manual (found on line) is not that great. Is the shop manual worth buying?
Your dealer should supply your owners and repair manuals with your purchase. Mine did.

/ Shop manual?
I don't have the tractor yet, it's on order. I found the owners manual when researching tractors.

/ Shop manual? #4  
I don't have the tractor yet, it's on order. I found the owners manual when researching tractors.

Where did you find the manual? I have a 2008 3820i I need a shop manual (not owners) for.

/ Shop manual? #6  
I've found a few sites with shop manuals - but not for free. Usually between $40-$50. And then you always wonder if its going to be the correct one or up to date. If I felt I needed one - I'd go directly to the dealer.

/ Shop manual?
I'd prefer to have the official shop manual. But it's expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it. Has anyone bought the manual and have an opinion on its quality?
I'd be looking to the manual for long term maintenance things like valve clearances and similar engine adjustments, chassis torque values, etc. And of course if I need to disassemble it to fix something. I realize that I can call the dealer and ask but I'm the sort of person who reads the docs first and only asks questions if I have to.

/ Shop manual? #8  
I purchased the factory service manual for my 2400H at it is limited on how well it covers some items. Like several factory manuals I have owned it is written presuming you have some understanding of what you are doing. I.e some basic steps are skipped.

I would rate it similar to the Kubota BX manual I had but not even close to John Deere manuals I have.

/ Shop manual? #9  
I believe that the tractor manufacturer "Kukje Machinery" of South Korea has not required Branson Tractor, the North American Distributor to make these manuals available for download. AGCO for all of their implements and tractordoes it and does it free of charge from what I can see. I to am having difficulty with Branson North America supplying manuals.

Please go to Branson Tractors - Branson Tractors NZ | General Service, Owners and Parts Manuals to download some manuals (operators, owners and parts manuals) that Branson New Zealand makes available for the products they distribute. They do not have all manuals on line. Hope this is of help to you or others that are in need.

Regards

Cliff

/ Shop manual? #10  
I purchased a used one from my dealer for my 4520R. It was for the year before tractor but pertained to mine as well. I wonder why people are willing to purchase a new tractor for $20K+ and not want to spend $75 to purchase a shop manual for it. That is a small price to pay in my opinion. Just my .04 cents worth.