Should I fix an older computer

/ Should I fix an older computer #1  

thatguy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I love Macs and purchased a used/reconditioned iBook (laptop) a few years back for around $500... The logic board is going out on it and I can have it fixed for about $250... This is a very well known problem that apple had an extended repair program in place (that expired in 2007). So far this has been a great computer for what I use it for (surfing the net etc)..

OR I can buy another reconditioned iBook with faster processor, more ram, dvd burner, larger hd for about $500 ..

I was leaning toward fixing mine, but Im torn about what to do..

Any thoughts or suggestions? (buying a non Mac machine is not an acceptable answer LOL)

brian

/ Should I fix an older computer #2  
Buy new (or newer). There is no contest, but I think you already know that. ;)

/ Should I fix an older computer #3  
If you want to buy another used/refurb Mac, try DVWarehouse.com They have all kinds of rebuilt Macs 6 and 12 mo. warranty.

/ Should I fix an older computer #4  
If your's don't have it . A newer 1 will have a dual processor. I recently bought a program that required a dual processor. Had to buy a new laptop with dual processor

/ Should I fix an older computer #5  
Try Craig's List in your area... you may be extremely surprised at what you find. Use their search engine to search for MAC LAPTOP. I predict you will find something you like.