Shoveling out a dump trailer - really!

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #21  
What you need is a low friction liner like this product available in New Zealand but sure there must be similar products in the states Quicksilver - Truck Liners Wiltech

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #22  
I left a load if dirt in mine for a few days/week got rained on and then dried out. Tried backing up and stopping/hitting bottom/all the usual tricks. Ended up scraping top 3rd out with the excavator. I will probably order a low friction liner then paint the inside and install it. They're supposed to make the trailers last alot longer also.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #23  
don't see what the big problem is. assume you don't make a living hauling like that, so keep it simple. make a long handled blade or rake as a poster mentioned & go side to side. cardio is good. surely we can apply some effort, after all you have a dump setup already.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really!
don't see what the big problem is. assume you don't make a living hauling like that, so keep it simple. make a long handled blade or rake as a poster mentioned & go side to side. cardio is good. surely we can apply some effort, after all you have a dump setup already.
No, I don't haul for a living, and yes, I plan to keep it simple. I have unloaded trailers by hand in my younger days, but as I get older, I tend towards technology to make the physical stuff easier. About 3 years ago I had to unload a utility trailer by hand and it took me a week to do it (Several reasons including weather related issues), so I decided a dump trailer would get it done quicker. And, it has, the load normally comes right out and I can make two runs in a day. This is the first one that didn't and I only got one run in. I ended up lowering the bed and climbing in. Once I broke out the crust it came out better but still not as good as usual. I plan to try cooking oil (biodegradable) first then go from there.

As to what the problem is - It's not a big problem, it's more "funny" because I bought this dump trailer to make it easier on me and I still ended up having to shovel a lot of it.

Yes, cardio is good and that's one reason I work outside with the garden and orchard and etc. I have a real hard time working out in a gym, just no interest.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #26  
Don't feel bad 3ts, we had a atv type of trailer that wouldn't go high enough and getting gravel out of it was a pain in the %!@$.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #27  
No, I don't haul for a living, and yes, I plan to keep it simple. I have unloaded trailers by hand in my younger days, but as I get older, I tend towards technology to make the physical stuff easier. About 3 years ago I had to unload a utility trailer by hand and it took me a week to do it (Several reasons including weather related issues), so I decided a dump trailer would get it done quicker. And, it has, the load normally comes right out and I can make two runs in a day. This is the first one that didn't and I only got one run in. I ended up lowering the bed and climbing in. Once I broke out the crust it came out better but still not as good as usual. I plan to try cooking oil (biodegradable) first then go from there.

As to what the problem is - It's not a big problem, it's more "funny" because I bought this dump trailer to make it easier on me and I still ended up having to shovel a lot of it.

Yes, cardio is good and that's one reason I work outside with the garden and orchard and etc. I have a real hard time working out in a gym, just no interest.
oh boy, i did mess up on my reply. do apologize given your circumstance now that i understand more. should have not been so brazen :) just planted a tree today & enjoying a brew. bet you'll find an easy method given comments here. & agree on the gym thing, refuse to go. like yourself, being out in the open doing stuff is my playground...regards bb

Last edited:
   / Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #28  

Smoothing Air Hammer Tool Kit Pneumatic Chisel Bits 3pcs Air Hammer + 1pc Spring

Pneumatic chipping hammer with these types of bits. We used these at work on the lime chutes to unplug them. A regular shop pneumatic hammer will unstick a lot of things. Either go up ladder or tie back trigger and attach to end of conduit and stand on the ground with valve in air hose.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #30  
When I was hauling loads and loads of fill dirt there were frequently loads that got stuck in the dump trailer due to some clay. I started coating the bed with used engine oil before loading it and it worked great. Raise it up some, dump it on the nose of the bed, and let it run down. Problem solved.