Shoveling out a dump trailer - really!

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #32  
Well at the lime kiln we used a 8 gauge with. 3oz slug. Would usually fire 200-300 per episode. Usually only a couple times a year.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #33  
Since no one else mentioned it, a power washer. Went to gravel pit where they had a fire hose/water cannon at their washout bay, fun to use

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #34  
Cheap blue tarp layed down before loading. Minimize its length down the incline so it's easier to pull out of the dumped pile.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #35  
Cheap blue tarp layed down before loading. Minimize its length down the incline so it's easier to pull out of the dumped pile.

That’s a good way to make a 2 minute problem into an hour problem.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #36  
Take a garden rake, mount a board to cover the tines, add a conduit over the handle and bolt it in place. The new handle length should allow to reach top of trailer. Or use a snow rake. They are a conduit handle sections and a plastic rake to pull snow off the roofs in snow country. Jon

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #37  
... the mulch isn't coming out.... what do you do to keep stuff from sticking in the dump bed?
To keep the labor down and the material free of contaminants like oil or diesel, I'd suggest looking for a paint product designed to make the floor / sides slick, something akin to Teflon.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #38  
When I was hauling loads and loads of fill dirt there were frequently loads that got stuck in the dump trailer due to some clay. I started coating the bed with used engine oil before loading it and it worked great. Raise it up some, dump it on the nose of the bed, and let it run down. Problem solved.
Don't think I would like any products dumped at my place w a coat of oil on it...creative, but....

The reason "the loads" are sticking is bc of moisture, compaction, not enough angle to dump and possibly rough surface. Deal w the elements you can control and work from there...

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #39  
Try a long tie down strap like the tractor trailers use. Lay it down flat in the center, hooked on the back, leave the end hanging over the front. then dump mulch on top. If the mulch hangs up pull on the strap to break it up and pull it down.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #40  
I left a load if dirt in mine for a few days/week got rained on and then dried out. Tried backing up and stopping/hitting bottom/all the usual tricks. Ended up scraping top 3rd out with the excavator. I will probably order a low friction liner then paint the inside and install it. They're supposed to make the trailers last alot longer also.
Years ago when I was in Canada I had a welding company and installed a 12 volt electric vibrators on a customer's gravel trucks. Not sure where he got them but all I had to do was cut a piece of plate about 12 inches Sq and drill and tap 4 holes and then weld them to the bottom of the truck box his machinic mounted the vibrator to the 4 holes and wired it into the cab. Should be a easy do for anyone with a tilt trailer