Shoveling out a dump trailer - really!

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really!
In

Why does your trailer dump only like 45 degrees ? It should dump 55 degrees at minimum, some trailers dump even 70 degrees.
That's all the manufacturer designed it for. (The spec sheet says 40*) And, yes, I agree it should be more. I believe 45* is marginal and is the angle of repose for a lot of materials so a few more degrees would be best. Up until this load, I've not had a problem. The shaker idea is really interesting and should be easy to do.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #52  
That's all the manufacturer designed it for. (The spec sheet says 40*) And, yes, I agree it should be more. I believe 45* is marginal and is the angle of repose for a lot of materials so a few more degrees would be best. Up until this load, I've not had a problem. The shaker idea is really interesting and should be easy to do.
What kind of cylinder does it have, if it is a telescopic one, you could perhaps swap it for one with a stage more than the existing one.

This is really a design flaw that would aggrevate me terribly.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really!
It's a scissor hoist with a pretty big cylinder. I'd have to measure it to see what its size is. I'm not sure if a longer cylinder would work, but I've not paid much attention to the geometry of the hoist. At the moment it is not worth the effort to change/correct anything on the trailer.

On second thought - I was originally thinking that a longer cylinder would lift the bed higher as long as the cylinder rod did not interfere with the pivot point. But then I realized a longer cylinder would not retract enough to lower the bed completely. So, no modifications to that part. That puts me back to the shaker being the easiest fix if the oils don't work out.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #54  
It's a scissor hoist with a pretty big cylinder. I'd have to measure it to see what its size is. I'm not sure if a longer cylinder would work, but I've not paid much attention to the geometry of the hoist. At the moment it is not worth the effort to change/correct anything on the trailer.

On second thought - I was originally thinking that a longer cylinder would lift the bed higher as long as the cylinder rod did not interfere with the pivot point. But then I realized a longer cylinder would not retract enough to lower the bed completely. So, no modifications to that part. That puts me back to the shaker being the easiest fix if the oils don't work out.
I'm 95% sure you can't add a longer stroke cyl and increase its dump height. Might be time for a new trailer....

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #55  
Get a gallon of slip plate or graphite. Tractor supply or a farm supply store should have something for that.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #56  
Get a new trailer

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #57  
Isn't that why you hear the tailgate slamming on a dump truck when they unload??? Pop the clutch and slam the tailgate a couple times to knock loose what ever is left in the bed.
Just pulling away from your pile slams the tailgate several times because your gate has to be pulled over your dumped load.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #58  
On our dump truck, I keep a 3lb sledge hammer in the cab. When that happens, pound on the deck and get out of the way. Same concept as a vibrator but cheaper.

Really wet black dirt I'll climb in and just shovel it. PIA but whatever

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #59  
Wax the bed of the trailer and whooosh out it goes..