Show What Tool You Made*

/ Show What Tool You Made*
made a horizontal shaper to make panel cabinet doors................

I love tools that save time and are safe. That's really nice. I was never into woodworking, but have been into boomerangs and walking canes in the past 10 years. The canes are made from Bois D'arc wood; supposed to be the hardest wood in USA.. The boomerangs are 5 ply Baltic 1/4" plywood. Yes, they do come back. The worst accident I had was when I threw two with one hand. They both went out about 50 yards, turned and came back. I caught one and the other hit me in the mouth. Luckily, I didn't lose any teeth, but I did get a little cut on my lip.

Show us your knives, ncnurseryman. I have bought SS blanks and composite material handle blanks, but have never made any from scratch. I'd love to see your knives. I think most TBN members would too.

TO: Ed of all trades..... I have also made specialty tools from sockets. I usually buy a cheap Chinese one from a pawn shop though. I made an oil filter wrench out of a deep socket and a piece of seat belt strap. Photos below. I made the last one for a very small (2.75") oil filter on my 25hp Kawasaki mower engine. Total cost for both = about 50 cents and a little labor.

OilFilterWr1.jpg OilFilterWr2.jpg OilFilterWrKaw.jpg

Well I've built dozens of tools to do a specific job but I'll post these two benders because they were the first photos I found :D

Those benders are super nice. The parts on the fork lift are too. I thought it was new until I looked at the video of the restoration. :) Thanks for posting. I subscribed to your Youtube postings.

.....................making a simple DIY bead breaker
I looked at it. The principal of your is almost exactly the same as the one I made several years ago and still use. Yours is for tractor tires.......mine is for car tires or smaller. I am sure yours works equally well. I had never thought of needing something bigger for my JD 4010 or JD model B, but I do. I just got through putting tubes in the front tires of my Great Dane ZTR and the tires were near impossible to mount back on the wheels until I put some hand cleaner liquid soap on the beads. That made it much easier.

Thanks for posting MasseyWV.

Beadbreaker 1.jpg Beadbreaker Bracket.jpg Beadbreaker 4.jpg

The 2nd picture shows metal piece that holds it against shop frame. That is a must.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #15  
   / Show What Tool You Made* #16  
NICE job....another use that I think for it would be good on those inhouse water filters.I use the oversize water pump plyers now but wanted something less apt to break it.This seems like the perfect fit. I have used tose Harbor Freight strap ones. all three broke first use.LOL but thats another thread lol

I love tools that save time and are safe. That's really nice. I was never into woodworking, but have been into boomerangs and walking canes in the past 10 years. The canes are made from Bois D'arc wood; supposed to be the hardest wood in USA.. The boomerangs are 5 ply Baltic 1/4" plywood. Yes, they do come back. The worst accident I had was when I threw two with one hand. They both went out about 50 yards, turned and came back. I caught one and the other hit me in the mouth. Luckily, I didn't lose any teeth, but I did get a little cut on my lip.

Show us your knives, ncnurseryman. I have bought SS blanks and composite material handle blanks, but have never made any from scratch. I'd love to see your knives. I think most TBN members would too.

TO: Ed of all trades..... I have also made specialty tools from sockets. I usually buy a cheap Chinese one from a pawn shop though. I made an oil filter wrench out of a deep socket and a piece of seat belt strap. Photos below. I made the last one for a very small (2.75") oil filter on my 25hp Kawasaki mower engine. Total cost for both = about 50 cents and a little labor.

View attachment 306415 View attachment 306416 View attachment 306417

Thanks "chopped". It has been a long time since I made the one with the strap and I had forgotten how I made it. Actually, it's a deep socket with a piece of pipe welded into the socket and 2 slots cut through it with a chop saw. The doubled strap was then melted with a torch to keep it from raveling or pulling through the slots. I could have used the same wrench on the Kawasaki filter, but access to it is very limited and it is too big, so I made the one with yellow handle.

You are right about the HF straps. They are worthless.

HF strap Wrench.png

/ Show What Tool You Made* #18  
Well I've built dozens of tools to do a specific job but I'll post these two benders because they were the first photos I found :D

Those benders are super nice. The parts on the fork lift are too. I thought it was new until I looked at the video of the restoration. :) Thanks for posting. I subscribed to your Youtube postings.

Thank man for the subscription. I appreciate that. I built those benders so i could do the bends in the checkered aluminum plating that I used on the old forklift. I guess we're all alike when It comes to building tools. The more desperate we are to get a job completed the better the tool will be ;)

Here's another tool photo I just dug out. It's a pipe notcher I built. I won't say it's used everyday but it's been a very reliable tool to have in the shop and all it cost me was my time to build it.

Tubing1-2.jpg

tubing2-2.jpg

tubing3-2.jpg

tubing4-2.jpg

/ Show What Tool You Made* #19  
I build tools all of the time, thousands of them over the year. Just too many to post.

Click on this photo to play a video of a recent one.

/ Show What Tool You Made* #20  
I looked at it. The principal of your is almost exactly the same as the one I made several years ago and still use. Yours is for tractor tires.......mine is for car tires or smaller. I am sure yours works equally well. I had never thought of needing something bigger for my JD 4010 or JD model B, but I do. I just got through putting tubes in the front tires of my Great Dane ZTR and the tires were near impossible to mount back on the wheels until I put some hand cleaner liquid soap on the beads. That made it much easier.

Thanks for posting MasseyWV.

View attachment 306455 View attachment 306456 View attachment 306457

The 2nd picture shows metal piece that holds it against shop frame. That is a must.

You're welcome and the one you made looks great. The one I came up with was a spur of the moment thing, but it works well enough to have been made from scrap wood. Likewise, I agree that liquid dish soap makes things a lot easier... messy but easier. :thumbsup: