Show your man baskets ideas

/ Show your man baskets ideas #21  
See if I can show mine.
2nd picture is for one man operation, but before we painted it.

Attachments

• 0921161658.jpg
    0921161658.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 231
  • 5 Ladder Extension.JPG
    5 Ladder Extension.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 225
   / Show your man baskets ideas
See if I can show mine.
2nd picture is for one man operation, but before we painted it.

That’s an interesting build with many features. Homemade fork lift? Is that your high lift tree trimmer? How is it secured to the forks when spaced like that? Why ladder behind the platform instead of to the side? Sorry for the many questions but often have to make or modify equipment when you can’t buy.

My Kubota M59 has a factory loader lock on a lift cylinder when raised like most construction equipment. Easy to deploy and store makes using easy. Think safety under a suspended load.
IMG_1147.JPG

/ Show your man baskets ideas #23  
Forks have holds near end to put pins through, to keep it secured to forks. The pipe portion of the ladder inserts into the frame of the steps and pins hold in place. Steps are much nicer (for an old man) than a ladder, especially when high up. When total height is not needed, can be used lower with only the steps down, or steps will fold up flat with forks, or fold over and lay on floor of man lift for storage. We like for the steps/ladder to be facing the tractor for ease of navigation in the woods. If the lift will go, the ladder will go. Just drive straight into work zone.
Yes, the forks are homemade, about 48 years ago. They have been adapted to fit on rear and front of 3 tractors. Recently used them on the rear of our larger tractor to move 4 ea 12'x12'x4" concrete slabs, about 1/4 mile.

Last edited:
   / Show your man baskets ideas #24  
I haven't made one yet but was thinking recycling an IBS skeleton for this purpose.

/ Show your man baskets ideas #25  
The unsafe way I used before was a pallet as a platform which I forked I'd raise it and raise an extension ladder to it. Imo it's better than a bucket provides a little more platform when your in a bind.

/ Show your man baskets ideas #27  
Here's my lift basket. I use this setup for many different things... one of the most useful implements I have.

Since I work alone... safety is my first priority. It is setup to use a ladder to get into the basket with removable ladder brackets for both sides of the basket. There are safety chains which hold the ladder in place and I wear a harness which is attached to the basket when working in the basket. The mount is a Titan forklift mount and the basket is a Titan man basket. I built the special forklift forks for this configuration.

Only problem is... I use this setup so much that it's undesirable to disassemble the lift setup to use the normal forklift setup. I need to buy another forklift mount to have a regular forklift available to me.

Attachments

• tractor_man_basket_02.jpg
    tractor_man_basket_02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
  • tractor_man_basket_01.jpg
    tractor_man_basket_01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
   / Show your man baskets ideas #28  
My neighbor used a tote, but he left the plastic tank in it and just cut his door and added a few more irons to make it stronger. Has plenty of room in it for apple containers, tools, whatever he needs.
I never trusted loaders, so never use them for people lifts!
Another neighbor has this----- 42'+ reach tele. He goes up on it but I wont so I have to run the Lull M-10 for him! --- (still dont like the idea!)

Attachments

• 20210224_130531.jpg
    20210224_130531.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 84
Here's my lift basket. I use this setup for many different things... one of the most useful implements I have.

Since I work alone... safety is my first priority. It is setup to use a ladder to get into the basket with removable ladder brackets for both sides of the basket. There are safety chains which hold the ladder in place and I wear a harness which is attached to the basket when working in the basket. The mount is a Titan forklift mount and the basket is a Titan man basket. I built the special forklift forks for this configuration.

Only problem is... I use this setup so much that it's undesirable to disassemble the lift setup to use the normal forklift setup. I need to buy another forklift mount to have a regular forklift available to me.

That’s just cool and may have to barrow your inspiration. I agree safety is paramount. The older I get the more chicken I become. Have a fall protection reel I can attach on the basket and run to the ground. Tethered all the way.

IMG_1882.JPG

I bought several of these equipment frames surplus from the lab 15 years ago. 2x2” sq tube, 1/8” wall, 32”x40”x 9’7” long.
Like your idea to raise the platform. Don’t need the first 6-7’ anyway and gives you more reach. Permanently mount a platform like a tote cage or Titan basket on top of the frame. Build a ladder attached to the frame. Would give considerable reach on the ground while the tractor is just a heavy anchor. Might just attach a HD extension ladder? Ladder attached might take bounce out by touching the ground? Bottom base attach a ssqa plate? Or forklift pockets. Welding a ssqa to your high rise forks an option? Backhoe outriggers to plumb the lift and stabilize.
You got my gears turning.

Looking for some grating to weld to a frame laying horizontally like in the picture. Forklift pockets near the middle for a T-bone basket. Ssqa mount on the end to have an extended basket. Could also use it atop scaffolding as a walkboard with handrails.

Work in progress in fabricating lift basket.
IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

Just the pallet weighs 300#. 60’ of tubing ~180#.

Side toe kicks will have 2” receiver type tubes vertically to support two, i1.5” square tubing 10-12’ legs that are adjustable with 3/4” jam bolt. Don’t know if the platform really needs them but extension tower to be built will have the same feature. Be a test.

3/8” grab hooks for chain and ratchet binder to secure to fork lift.

Hooks for tool buckets, rubber grabs and loops for polesaws.

Chainsaw holder being built.