Loader Silly ?, but...

/ Silly ?, but... #1  

tshep

Gold Member
Tractor
BX23 MLB
I seem to remember seeing other tractors with all 4 wheels in the air from backhoe and loader self-lift.
I tried it today with my BX23 and couldn't get the front to lift itself clear.
I don't know that it ever did it - but will anyone else's?

/ Silly ?, but... #2  
My BX24 will do it without a problem. You have to do the front first. If you set the stabilizers first, it seems to change the fulcrum point just enough that the loader has a hard time lifting the tractor. You may also have better luck if you lay the loader bucket down level and then roll it forward to lift the tractor. All that being said, the backhoe will still move the tractor all over the place.

Matt.

/ Silly ?, but... #3  
check your hydraulic pressure.

/ Silly ?, but... #4  
As BXinNH said, lift the front first. Idle the engine at maybe 1,200 RPM. Roll the front bucket back, then lower the arms. Once they are all the way down, roll the bucket forward. Turn Around. Lower the stabilizers 4" or so above the ground. Then push down with the hoe until it lifts the tires, then lower your stabilizers, repeat as needed.

/ Silly ?, but...
I did set the rear first, so I'll try the front first today.
I did listen for any kind of hydraulic noise change, like a limiter had kicked in, but heard nothing.
THX all!

/ Silly ?, but... #6  
For me I run my BX23 at 1/2 to 3/4 then Roll bucket to dump position and lift the front up, then lower BH stabilizers lift the back. Now once it is up in the air set up jacks at the four corners to keep it up. This is the way I handle working on tire flats, removing rears tires for cleaning and lubricating levers and safety switches also along with many other items. Don't do it on asphalt because it may gouge and if on concrete it will scrap the surface. All my work is either in the dirt or on stone. If it does not lift doing it this way then your hydro pressure needs adjusted up. My unit has 1200 hour on it and have not yet had to adjust hydro pressure.

/ Silly ?, but... #7  
Had the same issue on my b7800, thought it was a problem with the hydraulics, turned out that I had bumped the 1/4" valve and it was barely on robbing all the hydro!! Centered it, and everything was fine! :)

/ Silly ?, but... #8  
On my BX23, have to lift the front first, with the unit in nueral, you know where it will roll, and then once front end is up, just lower the bh outrigers. No need to use hoe, or any thing special. Just have the machine free to roll, as you lift the front end frist.

/ Silly ?, but...
Well now, actually I was working!
I'm leaving it at my rental house, and I always try to leave it as big and cumbersome as possible (outriggers out, hoe dug in, loader dug in etc.) just in case someone plays with it. I though maybe leaving it suspended a lil' bit overnight would be a leak down test.
Anyway, it worked fine lifting by the loader first and then the hoe. I'll see today if it stood!

THX THS