Simplicity Legacy Tractor?

/ Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #21  
I would look at the Massey Ferguson GC series. My guess is the reason you don't see the legacy sold anymore is the SCUT took over that market.

/ Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #22  
Local Cub Cadet dealer says these will mow 20 degree slopes and more, but can't get them fast enough. Nearly $23K.

The Altoz TRX 766i tracked zero turn starts at $23,499. Altoz TRX Series | The World's First Tracked Zero Turn Mower

I think the Branson 2515H tractor with loader is in the same price range, but it is not really designed for commercial lawn mowing.

I'm probably not helping. I've been looking at slope mowers myself. Not seeing any inexpensive options.

/ Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #23  
I would consider Kubota F series or another model the same,for future plans you made need it...pay little more and be happier and ready.

/ Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #24  
I'm seeing a $23,499 msrp for the Kubota F2690 with a Kubota diesel engine which puts it in the same price range as the Cub Cadet and Altoz that only have gas engines. Mowers - Front Mount Mowers - F2690 | Kubota. Any idea where to find the slope specification?

edit: using build my Kubota, it looks like the F2690 with a mowing deck is about $29,000.

Last edited:
   / Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #25  
I would look at the Massey Ferguson GC series. My guess is the reason you don't see the legacy sold anymore is the SCUT took over that market.
I think that is why the Massey/Simplicity ownership ended? The GC pretty much took all the sales. Most people that just want a lawn tractor buy the cheap box store stuff, not a Simplicity.

The GC is awesome and I think the best SCUT out there. But the 1880 version of the BX has a bit smaller footprint than a GC or the other BX models if someone is looking for a smaller/lighter machine.

/ Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #26  
Ayuh, the subcompact killed off the heavy garden tractor. Absolutely slaughtered it. SCUT's are the reason Deere turned the X700 into a boutique mower, dropping the option of a loader. Simplicity went the opposite way, they gave the Legacy a slightly larger footprint, added a ROPS, and stuck a 30 horsepower gas engine in the thing. It was not a successful endeavor.

/ Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #27  
Ayuh, the subcompact killed off the heavy garden tractor. Absolutely slaughtered it. SCUT's are the reason Deere turned the X700 into a boutique mower, dropping the option of a loader. Simplicity went the opposite way, they gave the Legacy a slightly larger footprint, added a ROPS, and stuck a 30 horsepower gas engine in the thing. It was not a successful endeavor.
Well, that's not really the accurate story there. The x7-series dropped loader as an option because the frame requirements to support a loader would have pushed the model over the US ROPs weight limit, forcing the tractor to have a ROPs. That's a feature most folks who want a lawn/garden tractor are resistant to. Since the 102x SCUT has loader they kept the x7 lighter and without ROPs and omitted the loader.

As for boutique mower, that's a huge LOL!! The x7-series is wildly popular and is a true garden tractor. Far from just a 'mower'.

The failure of the Legacy makes a lot of sense. Mowing lawns with a heavier SCUT size/style tractor is less desirable than with something x7 size or smaller. Usually the SCUTs have MFWD vs AWS on the x7, which is harder on lawns. And at least a good portion of SCUTs have R4 tires, which are also harder on lawns. Does a SCUT work as a mower? Sure. But it's not ideal.

/ Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #28  
I have a mahindra max xl. I mow with a52 in flail behind it on some steep slopes works good.

I agree with others that a SCUT
would probably be the ticket for you

/ Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #29  
I didn't say it wasn't capable, just that Deere pushes it as a boutique mower, which they do. Once you add a rear PTO and 3 point hitch it makes sense for most people to step up to a 1 series, which they often do.

They could have engineered a workaround, but it wasn't worth the investment, because subcompacts rule the market. Ergo, the popularity of that type edged the X7 series out of that market. The regulations were nothing more than the final nail.

Lastly, the 1025R is an excellent mower.

/ Simplicity Legacy Tractor? #30  
If I were to say get a used 2025r loaded with a cab and all the same attachments you are probably talking closer to $40,000
Why Are you comparing the Legacy to a 2025r? A 1025r will be cheaper and is still much more capable than a Legacy.
The real question is whether you want #1 a grass mower/garden tractor or #2 a real (albeit small) diesel tractor?