Simplicity Regent Torsion bar - need front hanger info

/ Simplicity Regent Torsion bar - need front hanger info
I looked at the current Toro ZTR parts manuals and don't see anything that looks like it would hold up a torsion bar.
Do you have a model or series so I can look up the parts please?

I don't have any welding equipment, but drilling to attach a mount would be a good option. I will look around next time I am at a bigger HW store to see why I can find, and maybe get some ideas.

/ Simplicity Regent Torsion bar - need front hanger info #12  
Sadly, it looks like part of the frame side rails. I guess weld would be the only way to fix.
This is my spare parts machine, the one I use to mow is better, but not by a while lot.
Was hoping to give this to the kid for a runabout as we did the head gasket and valves and got it running real nice...

View attachment 694862View attachment 694863
Just looking at the photos, it appears that the bar is not supported by the frame member, but is in a position that would block any forward movement.

If you could get a better photo with more light, we could better see how this is suppose to work.

Richard

/ Simplicity Regent Torsion bar - need front hanger info #13  
You could peruse any of the Toro Timecutter 42" decks . Brackets 131-4138 and 131-1091 of the deck group of a 74721. I could check, but I think the rod size is 3/4".

Thanks tomplum, I was looking at the newer models and they did not have these.
Gives me some ideas.

I do need to get good pictures, but it started raining again yesterday with 4% chance.

I had the other out, that one is in a little better shape, but getting bad.
I will try to get under that one.

I finally got torsion bar holders from a slightly newer Simplicity.
Son and I drilled holes in the current mounting plate and bolted them on.
Needed to use a jack and loosen the hangar mount in order to get the torsion bar into place first.

I will try to get pictures later after lunch and working to get the mower started.

This has been a great way to teach my son about tools, engines, transmissions, belt drive etc.
Showed him how to replace head gasket and adjust valves earlier in the year.

I have 2 more brackets and will do the same "upgrade" on my primary simplicity if this works well.
I need to replace the torsion bar on that one, I have one off of ebay to use.

I was surprised that there were no pictures in any of the parts manuals for this, until I realized it is welded to the chassis. The transmission carrier front bolt goes into it, but it is welded on. I guess they never thought this would wear out, same wear on both regents though. These are some tough lawn tractors. Frame otherwise is in great shape on both.

Well , it runs again. Engine sounds good. But it is slooow.
I guess next is to get a new drive belt. The one on it is pretty chewed.
I that does not speed it up.....
torsion20211003_162438.jpg