Sit in bathtub/shower?

/ Sit in bathtub/shower?
Check with them. They have programs.

USDA Rural Development also has a grants/loans program for eligible seniors some might want to look at even if the OP doesn't qualify:

Will ask when at the VA, thanks for the reminder. Both companies had mentioned that since medicaid doesn't cover it (dad still using TRICARE) they can offer us discounts, which tells me they just inflate the price to knock money off.

Don't think we'd qualify for the USDA program.

/ Sit in bathtub/shower? #12  
Not much younger than he is and I'm never in a hurry unless I need to get the hay bailed and there is a rain event coming. For me, the door seal would still be a sticking point, that and the cost.

/ Sit in bathtub/shower? #13  
I have been thinking about building a walk in shower with a built in seat and lower valves with a hand held shower head. Not sure if that is better or not.

/ Sit in bathtub/shower?
Me thinks you'll have sticker shock but I'm sure you'll tell us.
I was assuming I'd have sticker shock, thus the reason why I asked the question on the forum.

Anyone who wants to know the quotes I get feel free to PM me.

Not only a butthole on the firearms thread, but other threads as well I see (y)

/ Sit in bathtub/shower? #16  
Most guys don't need to sit in a special tub with 3-4 feet of water. We would be happy with a low step-over, quality shower chair, and very sturdy well placed quality grab-holds. Those cheap slip-on shower non-slip things for your feet may help too. Yeah, it is he77 getting old but we are all on the same path. Most times the elderly don't need fancy equipment or to impose on others. They just want a hand and to feel accepted.

/ Sit in bathtub/shower? #17  
We bought a Safe Step Walk-In Tub 3 yrs ago as we renovated the house and split the levels. My wife and I reside in the basement suite with said Walk In Tub. Very nice, and a LOT safer than having her slip in the shower. It's only a 3-4 inch step over, so that is also a lot safer than the height of a typical tub to step over... way easier to get out of afterwards also. True, you do need to wait 3-4 min for it to fully drain, before the door can be opened - not a huge inconvenience for the extra measure of safety. We will get a suitable shower curtain sent yet, so that I can still shower when time is limited. Bath time is 40 min or longer, that is the only drawback ... unless you are like my wife and enjoying 2 hr baths. I'm like, preferring 7-10 min in and out of shower.

/ Sit in bathtub/shower? #18  
I'm guessing it would be a lot cheaper option.
good idea, but not the same as a tub. for aches and pains, a tub is ideal

/ Sit in bathtub/shower?
We bought a Safe Step Walk-In Tub 3 yrs ago as we renovated the house and split the levels. My wife and I reside in the basement suite with said Walk In Tub. Very nice, and a LOT safer than having her slip in the shower. It's only a 3-4 inch step over, so that is also a lot safer than the height of a typical tub to step over... way easier to get out of afterwards also. True, you do need to wait 3-4 min for it to fully drain, before the door can be opened - not a huge inconvenience for the extra measure of safety. We will get a suitable shower curtain sent yet, so that I can still shower when time is limited. Bath time is 40 min or longer, that is the only drawback ... unless you are like my wife and enjoying 2 hr baths. I'm like, preferring 7-10 min in and out of shower.
Thank you for the feeback, much appreciated.

/ Sit in bathtub/shower?
good idea, but not the same as a tub. for aches and pains, a tub is ideal
That's exactly why I'd like water jets if possible. We have those in the basement bath now, and my father really enjoyed it for a couple of years, but now I think he dosen't feel like laying down then having to try to get up.