Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #21  
I just upgraded fro!m a carry on 5x10 to a american mfg 6.5x16 tandem axle landscaper. The 16 ft trailer allows for tongue weight adjustment and or rear attachment. I carry my bx1500, feel, rear blade or brush mower.

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series
Thanks for the advice!

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #23  
We need a sticky thread. I see this question more often posted then any other. I would say if you have a 4 digit BX, you can get by with a 14 ft trailer if you dont plan to bring a bush hog. If you have a 2 digit BX, a 16 footer tandem is what you really need without folding the BH boom and/or curling FEL bucket to gain few inches to make it fit on 14 or smaller trailer.

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #24  
I use an 18' tandem trailer. Brakes on both axles. Appilachain manufacturing. Nice 7,000lb trailer. Comes with 5' full steel ramps that are stored in the rear underside of trailer behind doors. $2695.00 with upgrade to radial tires, and winch plate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 436
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 471
   / Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #26  
   / Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #27  
Last edited:
   / Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #28  
I have a BX2660 and last year I bought a 14 ft tandem axle landscape trailer . The tractor with FEL in flat position on deck (so the bucket teeth are tight to front wall of trailer) and with a wallenstein woodchipper on the threepoint hitch at the back, all fits in a 14 ft trailer with one foot to spare. So it will depend on what you have on the back of the tractor if you need more length. It will also depend if you have easy place to park the trailer , because as it is with the tongue, it is a long unit to have parked next to my garage. Also I can presently move the 14 ft trailer with a ball mounted on my tractor FEL........but just barely , and if bigger a trailer I would not be able to lift and manipulate it in the yard with the tractor.

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #29  
Yes that is the website. I have 2500 mi on it so far and no problems.

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #30  
There is no way I would haul that much weight on a trailer with 2" coupler and 3" frame rails. That would list a 360 lb tounge weight provided you distribute on the trailer right. Wrong answer.