Skid plate for GC series tractors

/ Skid plate for GC series tractors #141  
I really do not see why they have a $100 increase in price unless they started making it out of 1/4" thick diamond plate instead of 1/8" thick diamond plate?

KC

It is still 1/8th inch plate and the only other thing it says is it is a redesigned skid plate to fit 1705-1710-1715-1720 GC痴. The only thing a person could do is email them and ask if the part number they have for the 1720 on their sight is still 140.00 as shown if not then it痴 just a price increase due to the design plus I am sure demand also plays a roll in the price, lot more sold for Kabota and a few other tractors then for the Massey GC series tractor. Just a thought.

/ Skid plate for GC series tractors
I built me one. If anybody wanna copy mine, here's it with the dimensions:

skid plate dimensions.png

IMG_20191217_141853.jpg

Here's a vid: Skid plate for Massey Ferguson GC17xx series tractor - YouTube

/ Skid plate for GC series tractors #143  
I built me one. If anybody wanna copy mine, here's it with the dimensions:

View attachment 632908

View attachment 632909

Here's a vid: Skid plate for Massey Ferguson GC17xx series tractor - YouTube

Bravo well done, now I just need to find someone with a bending tool, might try it with that piece of 11-12mm sheet metel I have but first I need to take care of my wife when she gets home from hospital. Glad it didn稚 end up being congested heart failure which is what took my dad at 59(my age now). Stress is a killer.

And you don't have a bending brake, why? Considering all the stuff you fab, you outta. Speedy recovering to the wife, hopefully at most acute pericarditis that will resolve.

/ Skid plate for GC series tractors #146  
Looks great! Nice build!

Thanks guys. Build yourselves one if you need it, it's easy!

/ Skid plate for GC series tractors #148  
Sorry for the delay. It's pretty simple and I remove it in the winter to hook up the front driveshaft for a snowblower. Have to also remove it for changing the filter but it's only 4 bolts. I made it out of a scrap of steel of unknown parentage that I had laying around. Lots of big rocks around here and it held up real well. I bent it by heating the bends with a rosebud torch until it bent fairly easily. I don't use a mower. The skid plate cuts down the ground clearance under the rear differential by maybe an inch and so far hasn't been an issue.

View attachment 625482
I like how simple that is for those of us that won't be using a mid-mount mower.

/ Skid plate for GC series tractors #149  
I like how simple that is for those of us that won't be using a mid-mount mower.
thats my issue with getting one installed, I use MMM a lot.