Slow Leak of Filled Tire

/ Slow Leak of Filled Tire #1  

Dennisfly

Gold Member
Lake Anna, Virginia and Alleghany County, VA
Tractor
John Deere 4410
I have a JD 4410 with a slow leak in the left rear tire that needs to be aired up every week and a half or two. It is a tubeless turf tire that's filled and I see no fluid leaking. I replaced the valve core and it made no difference. The tire/wheel weighs over 700 Lbs so I don't want to take it off to try and submerge. Running water over the outside shows nothing. Should I drain it and take it to a tire shop or are there other better ideas?

/ Slow Leak of Filled Tire #2  
I have a JD 4410 with a slow leak in the left rear tire that needs to be aired up every week and a half or two. It is a tubeless turf tire that's filled and I see no fluid leaking. I replaced the valve core and it made no difference. The tire/wheel weighs over 700 Lbs so I don't want to take it off to try and submerge. Running water over the outside shows nothing. Should I drain it and take it to a tire shop or are there other better ideas?

I had a similar issue but on a front tire.

I didn’t remove the tire. I sprayed Windex on the tire. The slow leak - very small thorn - showed itself by bubbling. I think the Windex tends to show the bubbles better than plain water.

It took me a while to find but, if air is leaking out the tread, it will eventually bubble.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ Slow Leak of Filled Tire #3  
Simple solution is go to your JD dealer and get some of their tire sealant for liquid filled tires. That stuff is amazing and will seal off any small leak. I have used it on multiple tires in the past with no more flats.

/ Slow Leak of Filled Tire #4  
If you simply want to find the leak try a solution of liquid dishwashing detergent and water.

/ Slow Leak of Filled Tire #6  
All good ideas. I didn't know there was such a thing as a filled tire sealant. That's what is great about this site!
That stuff replaces 10% of your tire fill. If you have 50gal. fill in each tire, that's ~$170 per tire. o_O

MULTI SEAL HYDRO 1500

/ Slow Leak of Filled Tire #7  
That is not the stuff I am talking about. The JD stuff will work and it takes a lot less. It is not that expensive. Maybe $50 at the most. Most JD dealers carry it and if not they will order it. The only sealant I will use.

/ Slow Leak of Filled Tire #8  
That is not the stuff I am talking about. The JD stuff will work and it takes a lot less. It is not that expensive. Maybe $50 at the most. Most JD dealers carry it and if not they will order it. The only sealant I will use.
Got a name for it? That Multi Seal / Flatout stuff is *amazing* as well, but if I can get it cheaper and it will last in the tire just as long...

/ Slow Leak of Filled Tire #9  
It is called John Deere Tire Sealant. They have one version for air and one for liquid.

/ Slow Leak of Filled Tire #10  
Thanks.. I'll probably try some. The Flatout stuff works for 1/2" officially and I had it seal larger. Sealed one tire with just over 1/4" hole in one revolution and that one already had Slime (crap stuff).