Smashed my Deere Canopy

/ Smashed my Deere Canopy #1  

hosspuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened 310C, F915,102, 5200 & 5065E
Some folks smash their garage with ROPS... I smashed my canopy on the 5065e not once but twice in one day.

First time was next to a tree but didn't see an over hanging limb. Only cracked the left corner.

Second and final smash was going into the shed. The first smash had tilted up the entire canopy. So, when entering the shed, it hit roof head on. Damage is severe, with pieces torn out.

What are my options? Is the fiberglass canopy available without the rest. Or, is whole goods less expensive?

The replacement part LVB 25334 seems to be molded plastic instead of the original fiberglass. Will it be a direct fit ? or need new mounting parts?

Attachments

• canopy.JPG
    canopy.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 152
   / Smashed my Deere Canopy #2  
Yikes...do know of good autobody shop?

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Smashed my Deere Canopy #3  
Duct tape, with your track record it is certain to get walloped again and again. 😉

/ Smashed my Deere Canopy #4  
If I had a nickel for every time I bumped my head because of the visor on my ball cap....
Find a see through canopy. 😆

/ Smashed my Deere Canopy #5  
I feel for you
Thankfully I didn't do this by driving into something :)
1665706745054.png

1665706767128.jpeg

/ Smashed my Deere Canopy #10  
I did almost the exact same damage to mine, except mine is a metal one. I used it for several years in the bent up condition, then this summer I was trailering it just a couple of miles at 40 mph. The bolts holding it on must have enlarged their holes over time and ripped completely out and the top ended up in a mangled mess in the ditch. I never realized how nice it was to have until I started going without one in the full sun. Replacement sure is pricey for just a flat piece of metal. Let us know if you find a reasonable replacement, as I haven't been able to find one.