Smoking farmall a

/ Smoking farmall a #11  
Parts for farmalls are reasonable. do the rings yourself and send the head out to get ground and have hardened seats installed the head might cost 300 at most and rings are around 50 put it back together and you’ll get 70 more years from it

/ Smoking farmall a #12  
What if the spark plugs has a lot of both?
Dry with carbon build up, and black smoke ususlly indicates running to rich on fuel. If your plugs show carbon, plus oily residue, you're getting oil past the rings, or valve guides.

The standard plug was a Champion D15Y or equivelent. It was common to step up to a hotter plug to get by for a while, to a D21Y until the engine could be overhauled, or re-ringed at the very least. If left go long enough, and you tear the engine down, when pulling the pistons, you'll probably notice a similar buildup in, and around the oil rings, which only allows more oil to pass by them.

/ Smoking farmall a
Dry with carbon build up, and black smoke ususlly indicates running to rich on fuel. If your plugs show carbon, plus oily residue, you're getting oil past the rings, or valve guides.

The standard plug was a Champion D15Y or equivelent. It was common to step up to a hotter plug to get by for a while, to a D21Y until the engine could be overhauled, or re-ringed at the very least. If left go long enough, and you tear the engine down, when pulling the pistons, you'll probably notice a similar buildup in, and around the oil rings, which only allows more oil to pass by them.
Its smoking a lot less now, I'm not sure why. But anyways the plugs I use are Autolite 386's (its the plugs it had in them when i got it so i just bought the same ones) And the old ones had oil and carbon. If its the rings i hope to change them rather soon, thanks.

/ Smoking farmall a #14  
A good upgrade would be to get rid of Autolite and get a good NKG plug. Never been a fan of Autolite.

/ Smoking farmall a #15  
It probably set a while, and running it a lot will reseat the rings...

At least, THAT would be my first try...

SR

/ Smoking farmall a #17  
The Motorcraft B82 is another great plug, if you can find them.