Snapper Rear Engine Issue

/ Snapper Rear Engine Issue #1  

vinnyc

Tractor
Snapper rear Engine 28in 11.5hp
Hi,
I have an 11.5 HP 28in cut rear engine Snapper. When I release brake after I start it, motor cuts off. I followed the cable to the front of the motor where it meets another cable, there's a plastic clamp that is sliding , it is tight but sliding on the smaller cable. Has anyone experience this issue. Thanks

/ Snapper Rear Engine Issue #2  
Hi,
I have an 11.5 HP 28in cut rear engine Snapper. When I release brake after I start it, motor cuts off. I followed the cable to the front of the motor where it meets another cable, there's a plastic clamp that is sliding , it is tight but sliding on the smaller cable. Has anyone experience this issue. Thanks
How are doing & welcome to TBN I would recommend going to the professor of RER Snapper Mowers he has a site on You Tube & does a weekly video on Snapper RER mowers , & his name is Jim Jackson & his site is called Jims fix it shop, I would highly recommend & subscribe to his channel it doesn't cost anything,& You will not regret it!I own 4 Snapper mowers 2 self propelled walk behinds & 2 RER the 2 S/P walk behinds are a 1986 & 1990 & the RER are a 1974 & a 2012 :love: ! If I where to take a guess it would be the brake safety switch or something is grounding between those 2 cables:unsure:! I will post another reply with his e mail address & I'll make sure his You Tube site is correct.

Last edited:
   / Snapper Rear Engine Issue #3  
How are doing & welcome to TBN I would recommend going to the professor of RER Snapper Mowers he has a site on You Tube & does a weekly video on Snapper RER mowers , & his name is Jim Jackson & his site is called Jims fix it shop, I would highly recommend & subscribe to his channel it doesn't cost anything,& You will not regret it!I own 4 Snapper mowers 2 self propelled walk behinds & 2 RER the 2 S/P walk behinds are a 1986 & 1990 & the RER are a 1974 & a 2012 :love: ! If I where to take a guess it would be the brake safety switch or something is grounding between those 2 cables:unsure:! I will post another reply with his e mail address & I'll make sure his You Tube site is correct.
This is the site You need to go to on You Tube /Jim Jackson /& his email address is jimsfixitshop@gmail.com Please remember to subscribe to his You Tube channel & email him with your ????s & he will reply to You within a couple of days & his knowledge of RER Snappers is priceless!!!!!!!! IMG_20200607_083712.jpg

/ Snapper Rear Engine Issue #4  
I too recommend Jim Jackson. If you can't find a video on your specific problem send Jim a personal message and he'll probably get back to you. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO JIM'S CHANNEL. JIM NEEDS SUBSCRIBERS, SOMETHING ABOUT YOUTUBE THREATENING TO DROP CHANNELS WITH LOW SUBSCRIBER NUMBERS.

/ Snapper Rear Engine Issue #5  
Can Do,
I replied before seeing your second message. He's a at the top of my list of YouTube content providers and doesn't seem to be in it for the money.

/ Snapper Rear Engine Issue #6  
Can Do,
I replied before seeing your second message. He's a at the top of my list of YouTube content providers and doesn't seem to be in it for the money.
Stuckmotor I would have to agree, & he reminds me of a shop teacher when they use to teach stuff like that in school & he's not in it for the $$$$$$ he is just genuine person who has a passion for wood work & Snapper mowers & I think he likes to share his knowledge with everyone.

/ Snapper Rear Engine Issue #7  
Hi,
Hey vinnyc! Did You ever reach out to Jim Jackson on the problems You where having with your Snapper mower? Anyway I would like to know if You got the mower fixed & what was the problem :unsure:?& hopefully You have been out mowing with the Snapper.