Snow bucket

/ Snow bucket #11  
Snow is relatively light.
So I'd say 'as wide as fits thru your shed door'.

Same goes for pusher blades.
I've seen extendable pusher blades that go from 6 ft to 12ft in extended mode, and that on about 60 ish HP machines (well weighted)

/ Snow bucket #13  
Too wide can cause loader arm breaking torque if you catch something just right.

Last edited:
   / Snow bucket #14  
If you have a quick attach front loader bucket, get one of these:84-in High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket
I'm looking at that one two. I like the depth, though for my primary purposes I'd be hauling leaves and other yard debris, though I'd like to use it with a bit of snow too.

I'm wondering if it's worth the additional ($1699 shipped - $1139 shipped) = $569 compared to the Tomahawk:

Anybody here who can compare the two from any experience?
The Titan doesn't list the steel gauges, that I can find. I love the 49" bucket depth though.

I'm wondering if my LA1065 loader and MX5400 tractor will deal gracefully with a bucket that starts at 7xx pounds, particularly given the width. The tomahawk is a lot lighter. I want as much depth and width as I can get so I can basically use the bucket as a (relatively expensive) replacement for a tarp when doing yard cleanups. Since I don't like driving my tractor on the grass any more than necessary, there are saved-trip, saved-wear benefits to a bigger bucket for me.

This guy has the 84" Tomahawk and likes it: High capacity skid steer bucket for my FEL?

/ Snow bucket #15  
I'm looking at that one two. I like the depth, though for my primary purposes I'd be hauling leaves and other yard debris, though I'd like to use it with a bit of snow too.

I'm wondering if it's worth the additional ($1699 shipped - $1139 shipped) = $569 compared to the Tomahawk:

Anybody here who can compare the two from any experience?
The Titan doesn't list the steel gauges, that I can find. I love the 49" bucket depth though.

I'm wondering if my LA1065 loader and MX5400 tractor will deal gracefully with a bucket that starts at 7xx pounds, particularly given the width. The tomahawk is a lot lighter. I want as much depth and width as I can get so I can basically use the bucket as a (relatively expensive) replacement for a tarp when doing yard cleanups. Since I don't like driving my tractor on the grass any more than necessary, there are saved-trip, saved-wear benefits to a bigger bucket for me.

This guy has the 84" Tomahawk and likes it: High capacity skid steer bucket for my FEL?
There is noting stopping you from getting a Tomahawk and increasing its depth and and height with strategically placed plywood for leaf gathering.
You can design it so it slips into your bucket and releases with just a bucket tilt.
With a couple pt 2x4's for its bottom to rest on and coated with marine grade poly and you can leave it outside or use it for wood storage when not in use for leaves.
This gives you a snow bucket that can handle any type of snow w/o being ungainly for heavy wet stuff to overwhelm your loader specs.

/ Snow bucket #16  
There is noting stopping you from getting a Tomahawk and increasing its depth and and height with strategically placed plywood for leaf gathering.
You can design it so it slips into your bucket and releases with just a bucket tilt.
With a couple pt 2x4's for its bottom to rest on and coated with marine grade poly and you can leave it outside or use it for wood storage when not in use for leaves.
This gives you a snow bucket that can handle any type of snow w/o being ungainly for heavy wet stuff to overwhelm your loader specs.
I considered building something to attach to my pallet forks based on things other people have posted here in the forums. Unfortunately I can easily envision the monstrosity I'd create, which also needs to survive the outdoor weather year after year, and so I'm looking at the buckets. Heck, even a heavy duty tarp can run you a hundred bucks, of course I'm too cheap to buy the heavy duty one, and so mine would be full of holes in no time.

I'm really liking the thought of the Titan 84" bucket with its 49 inch depth, and of course I'm hoping there's some resale value along with all my other equipment, should it ever come to that.

I've also been racking my brain for any other solutions would would meet my fall cleanup needs, like a cyclone rake for my zero turn mower (bad idea, my ZT is unstable enough in my hilly yard, and it won't reach all the spots I want to reach), or an ATV with some kind of cart (expensive, and the cart will be small unless it's also expensive). By those measures, a single gigantic steel bucket for $1700 delivered sounds pretty good.

/ Snow bucket #17  
So I've been chasing this a bit, and the ship date has moved up as well, in time for spring cleaning :)

I'm really curious if anybody in TBN has this model. 84-in High Capacity Skid Steer Bucket

I had to call them (palletforks.com) to get the steel thickness, commonly provided for other buckets but not the TITAN buckets. The guy says it's 3/8 (not 3/16") for the materials portion and the endplates. A lot of buckets are 3/16 for materials, and 5/16 for end plates, so this is pretty thick. I just wonder if the guy is correct, but he was gone from the phone a long while to verify it.
I don't think there's any kind of bracing though, and no gussets, so it's perhaps 3/8 all around is just the brute force approach.

On the one hand, it's a lot more expensive than the Tomahawk, on the other hand, it has enormous capacity and is a lot cheaper than some of the other solutions I've been consdering which involve carts or cyclone rakes or what have you.

Maybe I need to start a new thread to ask about this bucket.

/ Snow bucket #18  
With the depth of the Titan bucket, with wet snow, you can have as much as 2000 lbs in there. If the bucket weighs 700 lbs, you want your loader in the 2500-2800 lift capacity level. Dry stuff weighs less than half of the wet stuff.

It is obvious this bucket was designed for the increased capacities and forces of the skid steer, thus it's material thickness.. If you're using it as a landscape gathering tool, then capacity doesn't apply.

For leaves and such, I'd rather spend $75 for a wooden homemade bucket but that's me.