Snow Plow angle ability?

/ Snow Plow angle ability?
Re: A $400 mistake?

Well I think I can remove the FEL and use the aux. hydraulic block to get hyd. power to the valve bank on the snow plow's head gear. Judging by the attached picture I should be able to connect the pressure port to my inlet and my outlet to the tank port. The power steering and 3 pt hitch should still work A-OK. I will post some pictures as soon as I fab the plow headgear to the front of my already fab'd plow frame.
-John Sylvester

Attachments

• 53-221405-B2150AUX.HYD.BLOCK.JPG
    53-221405-B2150AUX.HYD.BLOCK.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 189

The more I read this the confuseder I get. I looked at Trev's rig today, and he has hydroturn operating on his plow.
I'm thinking you have a hose misconnected someplace because his uses the dump/curl hoses to swing the blade left/right.
The hydraulic function of the D/C circuit is exactly like the function of left/right with single acting cylinders on the plow A frame. You should have the dump hose connected to Left, and the curl hose connected to Right.
If I'm reading correctly, you have that, and are jamming in one direction.
Do you have an overload releif valve between the loader connections and the blade? If so, that could be connected wrong, and causing the problem.
Are you sure the single acting pistons worked properly before you hooked up?
Also, you could have a non operating quick connect in the line running to the cylinder (direction it won't extend) and that would also cause the problem you are describing.
Since I'm not hands on, I need more information.
You DEFINITELY don't need to come back to the power steering diverter valve to make this operate. If you add a valve at that point, it must be in series with the circuit, or nothing will operate.

I even switched the hoses at the plow to see if one cyl was bad and when I tried it, it just angled the opposite way and jammed in the other.

The post by Kubmech about the regen. feature of dump is the best explination I've heard about what is happening. Pressure to both cylinders while pushing the joystick to dump (or angle right when the plow is on) would cause the cylinders to lock.

I have no overload relief valve that I have installed I'm sure there is one built into the tractor valve bank and built into the plow's valve bank. So that is out.

"You DEFINITELY don't need to come back to the power steering diverter valve to make this operate"... Well I'm not really going back to it, I'm going to the quick-connects that the FEL was hooked to; they in turn run back to the previously attached diagram's hydraulic block (the power steering diverter valve).

I think I'm all set now, I feel confident about the info I've gotten and I'm ready to go back to work reattaching the plow's head gear(the lift piston assembly). As I said before I will post some pics when its done! hopefully by the end of the week!

Thanks for all the help!!
~John