Snow plow on FEL

/ Snow plow on FEL #1  

bjorn773

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2250
Can someone running a snow plow on their loader provide feedback on how well it works? I have an L2250 with FEL and am contemplating mounting a snow plow from my skid loader on it. The plow works great on the skid loader, but that's all I use it for. I'm thinking about selling the SL and fitting the plow to the tractor. Thoughts?

/ Snow plow on FEL #2  
The plow works great on the skid loader, but that's all I use it for. I'm thinking about selling the SL------------------
Sorry, can't help with the snow plough.

Get more attachments for the skid steer.
This is a 7' brush hog:
P7210002.JPG
P7210009.JPG

And a 6' land plane:
P1180002.JPG
P1180003.JPG

42 inch pin top forks:
P6250003.JPG
P6250005.JPG

/ Snow plow on FEL #3  
Snowplow on FEL.....Using the loader float does not work as good as having the designed with it's own floating ability.

/ Snow plow on FEL #4  
I have one, haven't gotten a chance to use it on my 5155 yet, but here are some pictures of it mounted on my previously owned Mahindra 4540. It works alright. Mine is designed to float independently of the loader arms. So, when plowing I leave the loader arms at a fixed height, then use the curl function to raise and lower the plow. This ensures that the plow blade's angle-of-attack remains the same every time it is lowered.

Two things I don't like about it:
-When pushing with the blade angled, I find that I have to split the brakes and lightly ride the inside brake to keep the tractor pushing straight. Even with the front wheels turned towards the bank. The plow blade is so far forward, it has lots of leverage to push the tractor sideways. It also has lots of leverage to bend loader arms if you catch an immovable object with the corner of the blade.
-The weight hangs so far forward, lots of rear counterweight is required to get much traction from the rear tires when carrying the plow. Without it, the plow will make the rear end light when it is raised. My block is 1,300 lbs.

Overall, I think that having a snowplow mounted on the FEL is hard on the loader arms and hard on the front axle. For this coming winter I'm planning to remove the FEL and fabricate a plow-mounting system that attaches to the front frame section of the tractor instead. Basically pickup-truck mounts on the front of the tractor. I expect this setup to push snow better, while simultaneously being easier on the tractor.

Attachments

• 20220127_112700.jpg
    20220127_112700.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 185
  • 20220129_174412.jpg
    20220129_174412.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 189
  • 20220204_064144.jpg
    20220204_064144.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 190
   / Snow plow on FEL #5  
Yes, they do stick out a long way in front of you.
Yes, they will tend to walk the front end around when angle.
Yes, they could be hard on the loader frame.

Yes, they work
00000100ACD1(IP Camera)_m20191202183938.jpg

pile 1.jpg

I have a FEL mounted blade and do use it frequently, I also have a 3 point blade that I use more as it is faster for long runs.
I often use both together.

/ Snow plow on FEL #6  
Depends on how big the plow is:L2250 is fairly small so no bigger than six ft.?
I have had one for ten years(8') on a larger L4240 (7K) with no problems;third function for the angle.As long as the plow has a trip it will not hurt the FEL.

/ Snow plow on FEL #7  
I have a Deere (Frontier) mounted plow...this one depends on the FEL float. I strongly suggest that, in you add a snowplow, get one that floats on it's own

Last edited:
   / Snow plow on FEL #8  
I've been running a Fel mounted snowplow on my tractor for 20+ years now. (9' power angle plow)
Works fine. I have my A frame running under my loader arms ( tucks the plow in much closer to the loader arms)
You want trip springs to protect the loader/tractor

Attachments

• HPIM1289.JPG
    HPIM1289.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 316
  • HPIM1352.JPG
    HPIM1352.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 397

/ Snow plow on FEL #9  
I have one on my L2501, works great as long as there isn't too much snow. I've used mine for about 8 years. I have a third function for angle, but on the farthest angles the blade does not sit flush. I really like how I can push the snow into big piles, as I don't have a bunch of room to put it.
I have a paved driveway so it's nice to lift the front end, put the weight on the blade, cleans the snow perfectly.
Mine has the composite/rubber blade, on each end they are wore down some, it can be flipped, once its wore too much, not sure when I'll do that. Seems to be lasting a good long time. Mine is the 72" land pride snow trip blade.
I have hit a few unmovable objects, and the blade just tilts, and will just lift the front end, definitely not going fast enough to break anything, I guess if you were in high and rammed something you could, I am usually in low.

/ Snow plow on FEL #10  
I have an old Meyer plow I converted to SSQA and use it on my tractor. Works great. The heavier the tractor the better it will plow. Mine is setup with a chain lift which allows the plow to float independently from the loader.
IMG_1561.JPG