Snow plow on FEL

/ Snow plow on FEL #11  
I run a skidsteer type 8 foot 4 way angle plow on my M and it works great for my situation, which is a twisty steep driveway

Attachments

• tplow 2.jpg
    tplow 2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 88
   / Snow plow on FEL #12  
It'll totally depend on what you're plowing. If you're just pushing straight on flat paved ground you'll probably be kind of ok. If you're pushing around curves and over contours on rough ground it'll be the most frustrating thing ever and not even close to worth while. My plow rig is an L6060 specifically set up for commercial plowing with all 4 tires loaded, turf tires and an 8'-10' western wideout mounted as close to the tractor as possible and even then a little ice or a full blade of snow will greatly reduce my ability to turn. I put one of our skid mount plows on once just to see what it was like and it took about 30 seconds before i had enough.

/ Snow plow on FEL #13  
Run a qa blade on my FEL with no problems. I can push the snow further away from drive and pile it higher as well. If I need to use a bucket to move the piles the town plows up then it’s a couple of minutes to switch. Also use a three point hitch blower for moving winrows and ballast.

/ Snow plow on FEL #14  
Had plow setup on our L2800 and work great,you can push snowbanks future and higher with tires still on travel road,just have plow push frame couple above road surface.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    416.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
   / Snow plow on FEL #15  
Snowplow on FEL.....Using the loader float does not work as good as having the designed with it's own floating ability.
Like he said. You can't float the FEL with a snow plow. It just won't work as it will dig in every 3'. But if the plow itself floats on a chain like a normal truck plow, then it will work fine. Lower the FEL until the plow is floating but don't put the FEL into float mode. Then it will work well.

/ Snow plow on FEL #16  
Yes, they do stick out a long way in front of you.
Yes, they will tend to walk the front end around when angle.
Yes, they could be hard on the loader frame.

Yes, they work
View attachment 750671

View attachment 750672

I have a FEL mounted blade and do use it frequently, I also have a 3 point blade that I use more as it is faster for long runs.
I often use both together.
They sure do....

Attachments

• 100_0003.JPG
    100_0003.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • 100_0005.JPG
    100_0005.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
  • 100_0009.JPG
    100_0009.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 91
   / Snow plow on FEL #17  
Can someone running a snow plow on their loader provide feedback on how well it works? I have an L2250 with FEL and am contemplating mounting a snow plow from my skid loader on it. The plow works great on the skid loader, but that's all I use it for. I'm thinking about selling the SL and fitting the plow to the tractor. Thoughts?
Have one on my 57 horse Montana and it works great. Assume you are just hooking up with a skid loader plate and not to the bucket.

/ Snow plow on FEL #18  
Do it. I have a Meyer plow that is pinned to a SSQA plate. Floats when you tilt forward enough to put slack on the chain. The weight of the loader isn't on the plow. Also have a snowblower on the back. I've tried multiple vehicle and equipment combinations and I think this is the best solution for a snow machine that you plan to use close to home.

/ Snow plow on FEL #19  
So I've done this for the last 2 years on my Ford 850. As stated it takes more counterweight to keep traction (I'm 2wd) and is longer. ( I have almost 1000# of pie weights) I made mine from an old 7.5' truck plow, welding a bracket to the plow frame so I can clip it to the bucket with a chain. This mount also let's the blade float independant of the loader. I'm plowing 1200' of gravel and with skid shoes it does pretty good in Northern Indiana lake effect snow region. It's a flexible, inexpensive way to plow but not perfect. Way better is probably a plow for a truck.

Attachments

• IMG_1617.jpeg
    IMG_1617.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 90
   / Snow plow on FEL #20  
I have one, haven't gotten a chance to use it on my 5155 yet, but here are some pictures of it mounted on my previously owned Mahindra 4540. It works alright. Mine is designed to float independently of the loader arms. So, when plowing I leave the loader arms at a fixed height, then use the curl function to raise and lower the plow. This ensures that the plow blade's angle-of-attack remains the same every time it is lowered.

Two things I don't like about it:
-When pushing with the blade angled, I find that I have to split the brakes and lightly ride the inside brake to keep the tractor pushing straight. Even with the front wheels turned towards the bank. The plow blade is so far forward, it has lots of leverage to push the tractor sideways. It also has lots of leverage to bend loader arms if you catch an immovable object with the corner of the blade.
-The weight hangs so far forward, lots of rear counterweight is required to get much traction from the rear tires when carrying the plow. Without it, the plow will make the rear end light when it is raised. My block is 1,300 lbs.

Overall, I think that having a snowplow mounted on the FEL is hard on the loader arms and hard on the front axle. For this coming winter I'm planning to remove the FEL and fabricate a plow-mounting system that attaches to the front frame section of the tractor instead. Basically pickup-truck mounts on the front of the tractor. I expect this setup to push snow better, while simultaneously being easier on the tractor.
Found out on mine scrape / snow plow on front will work but there is a fine line between down pressure and being able to steer in direction you want to go. In snow my works best with scrape blade on rear allowing it's weight as the down pressure. Scrape on front works good for pushing honeysuckle and light brush.

Attachments

• 54A72DF6-6D13-47F4-AB5B-D6A3296FC4F6.jpeg
    54A72DF6-6D13-47F4-AB5B-D6A3296FC4F6.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 65