Snow

/ Snow #61  
It was pushing 50 yesterday up here too. Looking like some snow setting up to fall next Sat and Sun, but only 1.6 inches between the two days.

My driveway is almost totally clear at this point! Still have 5 or six inches elsewhere though.

/ Snow
11 am and already 50F. At this rate the ground will soon be completely thawed. No snow - many puddles.

/ Snow #63  
72F two days ago, and snow forecast for Saturday, with a couple inches of rain beforehand. Should be interesting, as the ground is currently saturated.

The utility had an outage last night; calm, warm evening. :rolleyes: And some wonder why we have batteries and generator backup... Perhaps they were running a test for their emergency response team? (Kidding.) Close to two thousand customers without power over an area that went more than an hours drive from here.

Fingers crossed for snow...

All the best,

Peter

/ Snow #64  
It was 48 F yesterday for a high and it's supposed to hit 50 F today. Crazy winter. Snow still in shady areas but most of my lawn is bare. Walked down to get my mail yesterday and the bare parts of my driveway are soft, so frost is already coming out of the ground. We should still be in the negative numbers this time of the season. Next thing you know our trees will start budding. Just saw a headline that Alaska got 8 feet of snow. I'm sure winter is waiting for me to take the snow blower off the tractor, that'll probably do it.

/ Snow #65  
We're back to our highs being in the high 60's to low 70's, just like Winter is supposed to be in East Texas. Rumor has it that it's going to get very, very cold in late February, to early March. I'm OK on firewood, but it never hurts to have extra, so I'm gonna split another chord just to be safe.

/ Snow #67  
I had 30” on my house roof about a week to week and a half ago, its all gone. I think this is the earliest meltoff i can recall in the last 30 years ive lived here.

/ Snow
Weather pundits forecast another storm coming our way. Looks like more rain for us. So far - this winter has been like the last four or five. A little snow - melts in a day or two - lots of rain.

Can you imagine - another week of these daytime temps - I will have to start mowing the lawns.

/ Snow #70  
That storm will be a rain/snow mix for us up north of you. Only a couple inches though