Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right?

/ Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right? #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
See attached... Is this the correct chain routing w the tensioner. Chain is stretched and I have new chain, but as the tensioner pushes the chain down to increase tension, its hitting the cut out for the chain to pass thru...

Its possible for the chain to go up over the tensioner, but most tensioners put pressure between the pulleys /gears and to go up and over would pull it away...

Unit was bought used and this was how it came.... Puma manual doesn't show routing

IMG_20171215_103503296.jpgIMG_20171215_103525364.jpg

/ Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right? #2  
I would say over by the pic

/ Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right? #3  
Don't know about your Puma, but my Blizzard has the chain under the tensioner

/ Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right? #4  
Yup, run it over the top of the tensioner sprocket.

/ Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right? #5  
I believe the pic is correct. I have a Puma 64 and will try and check tonight to let you know for sure.

/ Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right? #6  
my puma 64 has the tensioner sprocket on top of the chain. looks like your dealer sold you a chain a few links too long. Unless there is something seriously wrong with either the little sprockets or the big sprocket or bearings.

I think the manual mentions the number of links required on the chain. I can check my manual tonight if you want.

I wouldn't want to put pressure on the chain away from the sprockets.

/ Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right? #7  
Judging by the pictures, if you run a straight edge from the top of the drive sprocket to the top of the driven sprocket the chain will end up at the bottom of the slot. With that in mind, if you put the tension sprocket on top of the chain it will push the chain into the bottom of the slot. In this case, the tension sprocket needs to be under the chain which won't hurt a thing due to tension sprockets being put on the slack side of the chain versus the tension side of the chain.

With the tension sprocket under the chain, if the chain hits the top of the slot then your chain is probably stretched so you either need a new chain or need to remove a half link or full link.

/ Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right?
Judging by the pictures, if you run a straight edge from the top of the drive sprocket to the top of the driven sprocket the chain will end up at the bottom of the slot. With that in mind, if you put the tension sprocket on top of the chain it will push the chain into the bottom of the slot. In this case, the tension sprocket needs to be under the chain which won't hurt a thing due to tension sprockets being put on the slack side of the chain versus the tension side of the chain.

With the tension sprocket under the chain, if the chain hits the top of the slot then your chain is probably stretched so you either need a new chain or need to remove a half link or full link.

Makes sense...

/ Snowblower Chain routing, PUMA 54, Look right?
my puma 64 has the tensioner sprocket on top of the chain. looks like your dealer sold you a chain a few links too long. Unless there is something seriously wrong with either the little sprockets or the big sprocket or bearings.

I think the manual mentions the number of links required on the chain. I can check my manual tonight if you want.

I wouldn't want to put pressure on the chain away from the sprockets.

Would appreciate that... Looks like a #50 chain and I have 40 links right now...