SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!!

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!! #31  
I wouldn't buy a fleet vehicle thinking it was maintained. I'm pretty sure my fleet own rhino had the original oil from when it was built in it.
I absolutely agree I have purchased several "fleet maintained" pieces of equipment that have been basketcases held together with duct tape and bailing wire, electrical butchered, every safety bypassed with garbage crimp connectors and the absolute minimum parts replaced to keep it barely functional you'd think they were used in a third world country with no parts availability

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!! #32  
Just my opinion,
I would get a gasoline powered one unless you will be doing a lot of towing or heavy hauling with it, otherwise your paying more for the diesel unit up front and the additional cost for fuel and maintenance and they can be more difficult to start in really cold weather.

Full disclosure, I'm a diehard Yamaha Fan, Had several over the decades (ATV's) and never had an issue with any of them, so that's always the brand I look for first. Can't say the same for the Polaris or Can-AM's we've owned (briefly) or the Suzuki's I've been around.
Had 2006 kubota RTV 900 diesel and now a 2022 kubota 1100c diesel.Never any hard starting issues here in Michigan and mine are stored in unheated pole bars.

Attachments

• tempImageI4OWuN.jpg
    tempImageI4OWuN.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 546
  • tempImageRZ4Q6A.jpg
    tempImageRZ4Q6A.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,795

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!! #33  
I just bought a Kawasaki mule pro mx, and it really has surpassed my expectations. I was looking for something to do mostly work, but also can have a little fun with, and fits my needs perfectly. wanted something on the smaller end (i have lots and lots of trees, narrow paths, etc) but not too small, durable, reliable and name brand. So far, so good!

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!! #34  
Gas, no question. Everyone who buys a diesel UTV ends up complaining about how pitifully slow they are. Even if you're not into sport driving - the diesel mule apparently climbs steep hills at a walking pace at full throttle. Just sad.

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!!
I just bought a Kawasaki mule pro mx, and it really has surpassed my expectations. I was looking for something to do mostly work, but also can have a little fun with, and fits my needs perfectly. wanted something on the smaller end (i have lots and lots of trees, narrow paths, etc) but not too small, durable, reliable and name brand. So far, so good!
Really like the looks of those. Even used units are still pretty high around these parts.

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!!
Gas, no question. Everyone who buys a diesel UTV ends up complaining about how pitifully slow they are. Even if you're not into sport driving - the diesel mule apparently climbs steep hills at a walking pace at full throttle. Just sad.
Yes, I have made the decision to go with something a little more sporty. Again, I have a slow heavy lifter, my tractor. I need a fast response vehicle, so I have the need for speed. Probably a Polaris Ranger. I have also decided I want the full sized not the mid size. I need the ability to carry 3 (Wife, kid and I) rather comfortably.

This has been an excellent exercise in restraint/patience.

When I "NEED" something like this I am pretty reactive and sometimes make rash decisions. I have had the cash money in the safe for 2 weeks and have ALMOST went and picked up a machine along the way but usually something didn't feel right and I backed out. There have been some really nice ones pop up in that time, but something stood in the way. It will now just have to wait until after Christmas. I am hoping there are some nice units pop up due to Christmas presents and whatnot. My New Years resolution is to get a UTV!!!

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!! #37  
I have a Ranger 570 full size. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to try to answer them.

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!! #38  
Every time I see a kubota UTV...

images

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!! #39  
Honda and Yamaha are the way to go if you have lots of funds . If not …

Try looking into a CFMoto , U Force1000. I think they have a lot to offer for the money . The only caution I would put out there is have a dealer near unless your a mechanic.

I’m going to look at one this next year. I have three ATV’S and a tractor but would like something both the wife and I can trail ride on .

1671491566178.jpeg

/ SO READY to spring on a UTV - Trying to decide gas or diesel, HELP!! #40  
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, I will use it just about every day, CVT I guess, Yes, I wish.

I can get all of those things in a diesel or gas.

The more than 25 MPH thing is funny. While yes I would of course I'd like it to go faster than 25, my main gas consideration, Kawasaki Mule, doesn't go faster than 25 so I figure why not get a diesel that goes 25?
My gas 2021 Kawasaki Mule PRO FXT (3/6 seat) maxes out at about 45 mph in high gear. I've read the more recent model years go a bit faster (50-55 ish).