So What is your REAL AGE...

/ So What is your REAL AGE... #1  

hunterridgefarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277
I took a Real Age test someone sent me that Dr Oz had on his web site and I an 8 years younger than my true age. I am 54 and will turn 55 this year however the test results said my real age was 47; but really feel the same as I did when I was in my early 30's; in my mind a least.

I think a lot of it has to do with the rural lifestyle, working around the house and exercise and diet.

There are people at work who are the same age or younger that, in a few more years, will have a hard time walking up steps much less doing any physical labor. When they ask my why I exercise and work so hard at home I tell them it is because when I get in my 70's to 80's , if the lord allows me to live that long, I want to still be active.

It's hard to believe the last 25 years has went by as fast as it has and I still have lots of things I want to accomplish (MPD). That's why I don't sit in front of the TV all the time. I want to live life.

Saturday I plowed for 4 hours, cut out for a long flower bed behind the rock wall I finished with a shovel, pulled some tomato stakes, and built my wife another raised bed. Then when it was dark I went to the basement and started on some orders I had for the hypertufa tikis I carve.

Of course Sunday morning I told my wife I was a little sore but within an hour muscles and joints were loosened up and I was ready to go again.

That is basically the only way I know I am getting older, muscles a little stiff and ...I seem to have a lot more gas:D

So how old do you feel and how old are you compared to your actual age?

/ So What is your REAL AGE... #2  
My wife says I act like a 9 year old sometime, is that what you mean?

/ So What is your REAL AGE... #3  
Reminds me of women who lie about their age and when time comes to apply for SSI, it bites them in the butt!

mark

/ So What is your REAL AGE... #4  
I am 57 and the test says I am 50.

I play lots and lots of tennis and, as I am getting older, I can feel the difference. During the match, I feel just fine. No problems. Afterwards, however, I know I'm not young anymore. After the required beer or two, when I get up to leave, wow. It is primarily my right angle. I limp around for a few minutes and finally its ready to go. Kind of like hydrolics in real cold temps.

But, wouldn't trade it in for anything.

MoKelly

/ So What is your REAL AGE... #5  
I'd like to share something with the 40+ crowd that truly works for "achey bones".

This is not something that someone like myself would have ever dreamed I would do but.

IT_WORKS.

Do exactly what she says.

/ So What is your REAL AGE...
I am 57 and the test says I am 50.

I play lots and lots of tennis and, as I am getting older, I can feel the difference. During the match, I feel just fine. No problems. Afterwards, however, I know I'm not young anymore. After the required beer or two, when I get up to leave, wow. It is primarily my right angle. I limp around for a few minutes and finally its ready to go. Kind of like hydrolics in real cold temps.

But, wouldn't trade it in for anything.

MoKelly

Mo, I know what you are saying. I have the same problem with a knee. I forget and sometime jump out of the back of the truck or off the porch. My son is 23, soon to be 24 and when we play basketball I feel like I've been in a war the next day. He is taller, younger, and quicker but I still have not been beat in one on one. Of course I sometimes must result to flagrant fouls:D.

Worst time was last year, I use to be able to dunk a vollyball at 5'11" in height. At 52 I tried to dunk a tennis ball...hit the rim but landed wrong and twisted knee:eek:

Wakey, I tried yoga a few times and it is very beneficial. I just don't have the time. I workout for 45min to 1 hour 5 times a week now at home. I have always been into fitness and have everything I need at home.

/ So What is your REAL AGE... #8  
Wakey, I tried yoga a few times and it is very beneficial. I just don't have the time. I workout for 45min to 1 hour 5 times a week now at home. I have always been into fitness and have everything I need at home.

I took the test and it came out to be 53.4 and I am 54...
I've always fought a weight problem but now work out at home also...
I picked up a really nice heavy duty elliptical and new home gym...
Working my way into it easy is tough when you bowl 3 days a week...

/ So What is your REAL AGE... #9  
I stopped watching the video at about a minute when she got into the stretching your hands over your head, cant hardly do that and forget about touching my toes even with bending my knees. Just too much arthritis and surgery to the neck and knees.

I took the test and it came out to be 53.4 and I am 54...
I've always fought a weight problem but now work out at home also...
I picked up a really nice heavy duty elliptical and new home gym...
Working my way into it easy is tough when you bowl 3 days a week...

It is hard to find time but just think how it could maybe improve your bowling game.