So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :)

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #71  
AHA!!!!
And you thought I wasn't paying attention!

However, read this post
:laughing: Howdy Roy. You're nothing if not a good sport! :D

Some people take this "color" stuff a bit too seriously...
Life's short. Buy whatever makes you happy, and enjoy it. :thumbsup:

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #72  
Seriously, are there really that many Deere dealerships out there with bad attitudes??? I have managed a small dealership, worked behind the parts and service counters, and done both inside and outside sales with 4 different dealerships over the last 19+ years and consider myself a professional and it really does pain me to hear these stories... Deere has been a part of all 4 dealerships with many other brands sold at them as well - and I would never allow anyone to treat a customer the way I have heard on here. Asking questions (and listening to the answers), building relationships and helping people get the job done are the things that need to be done to be a sucessful salesperson in this business - and for salespeople like me I apologize to anyone that has received poor service or attitude at any dealer, of any color - but especially green - because not all of us are like that.

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #73  
Seriously, are there really that many Deere dealerships out there with bad attitudes??? I have managed a small dealership, worked behind the parts and service counters, and done both inside and outside sales with 4 different dealerships over the last 19+ years and consider myself a professional and it really does pain me to hear these stories... Deere has been a part of all 4 dealerships with many other brands sold at them as well - and I would never allow anyone to treat a customer the way I have heard on here. Asking questions (and listening to the answers), building relationships and helping people get the job done are the things that need to be done to be a sucessful salesperson in this business - and for salespeople like me I apologize to anyone that has received poor service or attitude at any dealer, of any color - but especially green - because not all of us are like that.
I completely agree. :thumbsup: I'm assuming you've been reading the experiences shared in both threads, including mine: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2056979-post50.html

The recurring "aloof and arrogant" theme seems to be with some JD salespeople. Not that all other salespeople are little angels either, as I've definitely read negatives about some Kubota dealers.

In all fairness, the local JD parts guys were friendly & helpful when I needed some rush parts for a Kawi engine that wasn't on a JD product. :) It's the "front room" employees that could use some slapping around.

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #74  

I have been to both bad green and orange dealers. The green dealer I bought from had a very good sales person, but poor service after the sale and I won't buy from them again. The only other green dealer in my area doesn't seem interested in my business and has a poor selection. One orange dealer has some of the poorest sales and service I have ever come across. I don't even want to talk about the MF or Case dealers.

Poor dealers are sure not limited to one "color".

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #75  
I got some money from a land sale and wanted to retire my 1950 Ford 8N. I did not care which color, just wanted best value from reptuable brand.

Conditions: 40-ish horsepower, HST trans, R3 tires, front snow blade.

1st looked at New Holland 3040. Pros: Buddy has one that I have used a little and liked. Great reputaion. Has connection back to Ford Cons: Dealer 20 miles away. $26230.

2nd looked at JD 3720. Pros: Have two JD lawn mowers and like. Great reputation. Great parts availability. Dealer 15 miles away (but only 2 from work). Cons: Everyone and thier brother has one (I like to be different). 3 cylinder turbo (I did not want 3 cylinder or turbo). Smaller frame. $24700.

3rd looked at Kubota L3940. Pros: Great reputation. HST+ features. Dealer 3 miles away. Cons: There aren't any! $23080 (connectionos with dealer may have led to better price)

Briefly looked at MF but did not seriously consider.

IMO, Kubota was best value for money within the brands I thought as most reptuable and dependable, and closest dealer. Enough cannot be said for a close dealer, no matter what manufacturer you choose.

I have had my L3940 for one year now. Drove buddy's NH a few months back, still a nice tractor, but not as nice as my L3940 with HST+. Went to State Fair two weeks ago and sat on JD3720 to make sure I made right decision. I did make the right decision, JD3720 felt small, has small tires, and stickers on dash were pealing off. Mechanically, I am sure the JD3720 is a good tractor, just was not right for my application (plus everyone and their brother has a green tractor, I like to be different).

Philip

PS, Bless the old retired 8N. NOT FOR SALE!

Attachments

• TEMP01.jpg
    TEMP01.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 152
  • TRACMOW02A.jpg
    TRACMOW02A.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 143
  • TRACCHIPO3.jpg
    TRACCHIPO3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IM000675.jpg
    IM000675.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 158
   / So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #76  
...plus everyone and their brother has a green tractor, I like to be different...
For some reason this reminded me of an incident... (probably because I can relate to your thought here)

A few years ago I was outside doing something (we'll say maintenance-related) to the tractor, and an unfamiliar car pulls up in the driveway. Which already has me annoyed because our house is at the end of a 1000' secluded lane, so showing up unexpected is rather brazen, and just might not be worth the risk. ;)

Guy gets out and starts making small talk. Next thing I hear is "So, you couldn't get the Deere, eh?" ...

To this day, I have no idea what he was selling, or if he was a Jehovah's Witness, or what. Long story short, he left in a real hurry and empty-handed, but his ears were on fire. :laughing:

Last edited:
   / So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :)
Last edited:
   / So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #78  
   / So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #79  
It could always be worse, some people actually buy Ruger revolvers AND John Deere:eek:

And some guys buy more then one Ruger revolver...but that's a Glock 19 under the vest.

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #80