So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :)

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #61  
Where's Roy in all this? He's been conspicuously absent from this discussion. :rolleyes:

I know... :confused:

I even threw some "bait" out there... but I don't think the toadies are even biting... :laughing::D

Also, despite Roy's entourage of green toadies and straphangers, he doesn't really know everything. :p:laughing:

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #62  
Anybody else out here notice under Main Index on TBN site" KUBOTA" is listed first.I guess when it comes to tractors folks just don't follow the alphabet. :laughing:
Boone

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #63  
   / So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #64  
Yeah, I know... not trying to ruin my fun are you? :p

I have a friend with a Prius (can't help it, we were friends before he bought it :D) and he has definitely had a learning curve with the brakes... they can be pretty funky, almost caused him to rear-end people a couple of times. He did say that the dealer worked on it and it's somewhat better now.

Of course, all bets are off if you don't actually try to use them. ;)

[/hijack]

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #65  
Yeah, I know... not trying to ruin my fun are you? :p

I have a friend with a Prius (can't help it, we were friends before he bought it :D) and he has definitely had a learning curve with the brakes... they can be pretty funky, almost caused him to rear-end people a couple of times. He did say that the dealer worked on it and it's somewhat better now.

Of course, all bets are off if you don't actually try to use them. ;)

[/hijack]

I like Toyotas, obviously, but a Prius is a bit of a stretch even for me.

I was suspicious of the whole Toyota thing due to the Audi situation years ago and because my brother is a mechanic.

We use to drag race big block Chevrolets by pulling them up to the line, putting the brake on and stepping on the gas until the light changed. If the brakes on a 396/427 will hold a car back, sure anything is going to hold back a 4 cylinder Toyota; course you have to actually use them.:)

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #66  
We use to drag race big block Chevrolets by pulling them up to the line, putting the brake on and stepping on the gas until the light changed.
That's what we called "power-braking". Not that I would know anything about that...
smiley20whistling.gif
Good times.

I remember the Audi 5000 stigma well... and IIRC, the finding was that because Audi had needed to bias the pedal cluster further to the left than typical placement, drivers were hitting the gas instead of/in addition to the brake. Took Audi a long time to get past it.

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #67  
Nothing Runs like a Deer, nothing smells like a John.

Just kidding, JD's are a very attractive color and make a fine product. :dance1:

This is in reference to this JD thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-buying-pricing/179889-so-why-do-you-buy.html

Specifically in reference to Roy's "Why buy a Deere? Because we want the best..." and "Yep...Kubotas...fine tractors and well suited to those who can't afford the best" comments.

Let's see if we can shake him up a little! :laughing:

I looked at JD, NH, Mahindra, & then Kubota. I bought my L3940 HST 'cause it's the most awesome-ist!! :thumbsup: :)

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #68  
Because my wife said I could.. and that is good enough for me.

Seriously, much research and finding one that fit the budget and had the things we wanted (and could afford)...

/ So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #69  
This is in reference to this JD thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-buying-pricing/179889-so-why-do-you-buy.html

Specifically in reference to Roy's "Why buy a Deere? Because we want the best..." and "Yep...Kubotas...fine tractors and well suited to those who can't afford the best" comments.

Let's see if we can shake him up a little! :laughing:

I looked at JD, NH, Mahindra, & then Kubota. I bought my L3940 HST 'cause it's the most awesome-ist!! :thumbsup: :)

AHA!!!!
And you thought I wasn't paying attention!

However, read this post

Last edited:
   / So why do you buy Kubota? Even though Roy says JD's best? :) #70  
To me a tractor is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. The paint is only there to provide rust protection.

I currently own a John Deere and a Kubota. I've owned /operated other brands that were also good tractors. I will buy the tractor that meets my performance criteria and fits my budget. I don't care what color the paint is.