Solar AC/DC Welder

/ Solar AC/DC Welder
Yeah, truth is, nobody ever welded anything strictly WITH solar unless it was a MAJOR installation - even then, you are generally drawing that much power off the battery bank. Welding with batteries? Of course!! Sure, you can use just batteries, but it's sure not as easy to dial in the proper voltage, and it will change as you weld and the batteries deplete.

I've got a 2000W continuous Magnum Energy Inverter/Charger in my RV, and it would power a small wire feed no problem, for short bursts of time, say 5-10 minutes. I would not use it for that unless I had to, but it could do it.

Just sayin....

That's a nice old Arc Welder, I swear with all the great old ones around I don't know why anybody would buy a NEW arc welder. I guarantee you the transformers in the old welders are way better than the new ones. Mig welding sure is simple though - I'm planning to add one to my shop for everything but the big welds.

As mentioned, I was glad to see this one worked fine. I've been hobby welding projects for over 45 years. I'm not a certified welder but have never had one of my welds break. I built several homemade trailers over the years and the State inspectors would often ask if I had any paperwork from the guy who did my welds (the State has to inspect all homemade trailers before issuing a VIN. I told them I did all the welding and they did another look and passed every trailer I built. I also have a Miller Bobcat 250NT gas powered AC/DC welder/generator, a 220V Mig, and Oxy-Acetylene to use for welding. It's nice to have the tools and the toys.

/ Solar AC/DC Welder #22  
I was thinking a good working used AC/DC welder with leads like that on it should be worth at least 4 times what you paid for it.

/ Solar AC/DC Welder
I was thinking a good working used AC/DC welder with leads like that on it should be worth at least 4 times what you paid for it.

If that's an offer then "NO" you can't have it. In all reality I agree.

/ Solar AC/DC Welder #24  
Ive got the same solar welder BukitCase has in picture and it works well. Would love to find a manual to it.

/ Solar AC/DC Welder
Ive got the same solar welder BukitCase has in picture and it works well. Would love to find a manual to it.

Ernie,

Welcome to TBN..........

Email Lincoln welders. I got a manual for mine from them. Send them the make and serial number. They sent me a pdf manual.

/ Solar AC/DC Welder #26  
Hello BukitCase. I have the exact solar welder you pictured next to a miller . I can't type but would love to ask some questions . Would you call me Ernie 703 901 9370