Solar Eclipse...

/ Solar Eclipse... #152  
We could see Jupiter and Venus pretty clearly. Traffic is terrible which was expected but I thought it might dissipate by now. Where we’re staying is just a mile from the interstate and it’s stop and go at 5:00 pm.
We're in the totality zone, and saw the whole thing from my backyard. I saw one planet, think it was Venus...it was at about 5 o'clock to the sun.
Traffic was bad here too, even on the usually dead state hwy into town.

/ Solar Eclipse... #153  
Jupiter was at about the 10 o’clock further away than Venus but still clearly visible. Jupiter just isn’t as bright as Venus.

/ Solar Eclipse... #154  
Pretty much 100% cloud cover around Niagara Falls.
It got dark, temp dropped a bit.
No big whoop.
This afternoon and early evening... blue skies and sunshine.
Lot of disappointed, gouged people dragging their bums home.

/ Solar Eclipse... #155  
Nasa beat everyone's photos...

GKqtGdfXgAEEf8T

Wow.

Bet their camera costs more than anyone’s also!!

/ Solar Eclipse... #156  
Pretty much 100% cloud cover around Niagara Falls.
It got dark, temp dropped a bit.
No big whoop.
This afternoon and early evening... blue skies and sunshine.
Lot of disappointed, gouged people dragging their bums home.
It was a big deal here. Towns in the path had festivities so that even if the sun hadn't showed up there still were things to do. Instead it was the nicest day we've had in some time, and I'm sure that a lot of people went home with good memories.
I don't know why you are so against people making money. There were people grumbling here also, saying that all of the short term rentals in the area should be made available for homeless people instead. 🙄

/ Solar Eclipse... #158  
It was a big deal here. Towns in the path had festivities so that even if the sun hadn't showed up there still were things to do. Instead it was the nicest day we've had in some time, and I'm sure that a lot of people went home with good memories.
I don't know why you are so against people making money. There were people grumbling here also, saying that all of the short term rentals in the area should be made available for homeless people instead. 🙄
I'm not against people making money.
I'm against people gouging.
Some people had booked rooms a year or more in advance at regular rates only to have them cancelled and rebooked at outrageous prices. A $200 room for over $1K.
I know one of the major motels even cleared their employee parking to put in tourist for a $100 a shot for what they usually charge $20.
The whole Falls is an overpriced tourist trap and then they do this?
And even so, what is/was the big deal?
A solar shadow?