Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #251  
We have a huge front window. Birds can't figure it out. They just see sky cause it reflects sky. Now and then I'll hear the "bonk." and check it out. Some do break their necks. Most don't. Windows kill more birds that most anything else. If we don't want the view, we close the shades. This seems to help. Cats will kill every bird around that they can. So, no more cats. My 20 panel Solar never killed anything, but my wallet.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #252  
We have a huge front window. Birds can't figure it out. They just see sky cause it reflects sky. Now and then I'll hear the "bonk." and check it out. Some do break their necks. Most don't. Windows kill more birds that most anything else. If we don't want the view, we close the shades. This seems to help. Cats will kill every bird around that they can. So, no more cats. My 20 panel Solar never killed anything, but my wallet.
Owl Eye stickers seem to do the trick. At least one of my cousins swore by them when he put a set on a really large window he had on his place.

Not sure how well it worked though.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #253  
Good article.

Copied from article: "Currently there is not enough silver available to build the millions of solar panels which will be required in the the transition from fossil fuels, says Mr Defrenne: "You can see where you have a production bottleneck, it's silver.""
Maybe Greta Tuneberg will confiscate all our silver coins… :ROFLMAO:

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #254  
Dodge man, There are no toxic gases inside a solar panel.

I'd like see real evidence of solar panels killing bald eagles.

Yes, wind turbines kill plenty of birds. So does every single house cat that gets outside.

Its a little easier to control cats from killing common small birds than to stop windmills from killing large predatory or soaring birds, some that have been or are currently endangered.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #255  
Dodge man, There are no toxic gases inside a solar panel.

I'd like see real evidence of solar panels killing bald eagles.

Yes, wind turbines kill plenty of birds. So does every single house cat that gets outside.

I guess you missed part of my post, it was meant to be humorous. Hay dude is correct, we have had house cats and they aren’t dragging down bald eagles and other large birds.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #256  
I'll be the person that says it wasn't cost effective. But thats because we had a 1 in 100 year ice storm that collapsed my system. I can either go back on grid inter-tie or dedicate it to charging an EV. Back on inter-tie will be expensive. Dedicated to EV charging will not as a stand alone system.
Sorry to hear that, That would be a real hardship if it happened to me. Something you never plan for, because you never expect it to happen.

I over built my ground mount system to a snow load of 90 pounds per sq. ft. and wind loading to 130mph.
But I worked installing this stuff for part of my work and saw many installations built to minimum code standards have one problem or another.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #257  
Never buy coins. Buy bars. :)

And yes, I'm still dealing with this ice storm of four years ago. Still discovering things.
Yes, bars or rounds not coins. (y)

US coins can be recalled, bars and rounds canot be so easily recalled.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #258  
Sorry to hear that, That would be a real hardship if it happened to me. Something you never plan for, because you never expect it to happen.

I over built my ground mount system to a snow load of 90 pounds per sq. ft. and wind loading to 130mph.
But I worked installing this stuff for part of my work and saw many installations built to minimum code standards have one problem or another.
Its hard, but not impossible to EMP proof the solar array. If you know what your doing you can save a bundle. If not, even the pros can mess it up.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #259  
People keep saying solar is renewable ?

Is everything used to build the panels and inverters renewable ?

I have no idea, just curious

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #260  
If I were to say newnewable, I would meant that the sun is renewable. If that ever goes away, game over for all...