Sold on Seafoam

/ Sold on Seafoam #41  
My Stihl chainsaw started having trouble idling. Then it wouldn't idle at all. And it would be hard to start when the engine died if I let the RPM drop. If I let the saw sit for 10 or 15 minutes it would start fairly easily again but I would need to get the RPM up right away or it would die. I was gonna take the carb off and clean it out but instead decided to try using some Seafoam first to see if it would solve the problem. I poured a little into the gas tank and shook it up. The saw was cold and started right up as usual. Then it started to die as usual so I got on the throttle and ran the saw at a higher RPM so it wouldn't die. After about 30 seconds I released the throttle and the saw idled fine. The next day I used the saw and not only does it idle fine it revs higher and starts on the first pull, which it used to do but hadn't for a while. Now I need to put some Seafoam in the gas can too. I really didn't expect the stuff to work and especially didn't expect it to work so quickly. The stuff is really impressive.
Eric
I use Seafoam as a gasoline preservative for all of my small engines, 1 oz per gallon. I also try and use the ethanol free Rec 90 most of the time. I have had far fewer problems since I started doing this.

/ Sold on Seafoam #43  
I could see it replacing part of the gas in a two stroke mix but not poured into the tank. I've used it in a couple four stroke engines with good results. If I can get an engine to start so it can pull some of the Sea Foam I can then kill the engine and let it sit overnight. It may be fine the next day or I may need to make two or three start up shut down cycles over the next couple of days but it does seem to restore performance
I use one of the other treatments--the blue bottle--and had a similar experience. I forgot to run the fuel out in my generator and the carb plugged so badly it would only run if choked, and then not at full throttle. Fresh fuel with the treatment got it running. I let it set overnight with the treated fuel in the carb and the next day it started and ran like a champ.

/ Sold on Seafoam #44  
I've used Seafoam for years in my '48 and '68 gas tractors, lawnmowers, my old 65cc Dolmar chainsaw, etc. Tried it once, a few years back, in my 2012 Generac 8500 gas generator that wasn't running right. Wouldn't even hit after the Seafoam. Had to drain the entire gas tank, flush out with fresh gas, then refill with fresh. Started right up and ran fine. Go figure.

/ Sold on Seafoam #45  
I 50:1 everything
Jet skis, outboards, dirt bike, chainsaw, weed whip, etc.

Last time I used seafoam in throttle body on an old jeep or truck, that was a smoke show! Seemed to run better afterwards though

/ Sold on Seafoam #46  
I might add that Lucas Fuel Treatment is also a good additive. Years ago had same experience as OP, I used Lucas and had great results. I add it every time I fill my 5 gal. gas cans, use it in all small engines.

/ Sold on Seafoam #47  
The local Stihl dealer is a one man outfit that deals and repairs in small engines like mowers, snowblowers, etc. He said that Stihl claims their 2 cycle is good enough to mix at a 100:1 ratio, he said Stihl says its that good. But he said he wouldn't recommend it. Not sure it this is true or not.

/ Sold on Seafoam #48  
I've been using SeaFoam for years, in saws, tractor, Harley and road vehicles. Never had any issues or problems. Buddy had a Harley that hadn't been started in 3 years so we drained the lacquer/gas, heavy dosed some fresh gas with SeaFoam, put in new battery, cranked it for 10 seconds until it barked, then let it sit all day. Next day it fired right up. Great stuff!!!

/ Sold on Seafoam #49  
I use Sea Foam in my gas cans then in my saw, woodchipper or lawn mower.
I agree with the "direct to the 2 stroke gas tank danger". I bought a used snowmobile this Winter that wouldn't idle and bogged very badly on acceleration. I thought I'd give SF a try before removing and cleaning all the carbs. Because it mixes fuel and oil automatically I just poured it straight in the tank. It did pretty good job. It will idle now and doesn't bog down as bad, so it will get me by till Spring when I can tear it down and do a proper cleaning.
My Stihl chainsaw started having trouble idling. Then it wouldn't idle at all. And it would be hard to start when the engine died if I let the RPM drop. If I let the saw sit for 10 or 15 minutes it would start fairly easily again but I would need to get the RPM up right away or it would die. I was gonna take the carb off and clean it out but instead decided to try using some Seafoam first to see if it would solve the problem. I poured a little into the gas tank and shook it up. The saw was cold and started right up as usual. Then it started to die as usual so I got on the throttle and ran the saw at a higher RPM so it wouldn't die. After about 30 seconds I released the throttle and the saw idled fine. The next day I used the saw and not only does it idle fine it revs higher and starts on the first pull, which it used to do but hadn't for a while. Now I need to put some Seafoam in the gas can too. I really didn't expect the stuff to work and especially didn't expect it to work so quickly. The stuff is really impressive.
Eric

/ Sold on Seafoam #50  
Eric
Sea Foam is a full petroleum product that is more lubrication than anything. This helps protect the fuel system and engine. I have used a strong mix of Sea Foam in 2 cycle mix with no problems. It is not a replacement for 2 cycle oil but you can use as much as you like in the gas.