Some real Trac-tors...

/ Some real Trac-tors... #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
Hi,

Found these tractors to be pretty interesting to my simple mind...and thought they would be of general interest, so I'm posting these photos here rather than in the Kubota forum...

Pictures taken last month while I was visiting Japan. This was at a Kubota show that was about an hour east of Osaka.

First shot is a 33 hp cab tractor...Just about every new tractor being shown had a tiller hanging off the back. Out in the demo area there were different attachments being used.

Attachments

• 345521-1.JPG
    345521-1.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,508
   / Some real Trac-tors...
This is a 15 hp tractor, of the Granbia-boy series...not sure where that name comes from... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 345522-2.JPG
    345522-2.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,147
   / Some real Trac-tors...
The 15 hp tractor from the back...interesting attachment...

Attachments

• 345525-3.JPG
    345525-3.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,036
   / Some real Trac-tors...
A clean 18 hp unit in the showroom area...

When I get around to it I will be posting some other photos taken at that show, probably in the Kubota forum...

Attachments

• 345527-4.JPG
    345527-4.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 981
   / Some real Trac-tors... #5  
Henro:

Some neat pic's.....trac's on a small tractor, bet that works good in the rice fields.....wounder when they will show up as gray market tractors in the country's that alow gray Kubota's in?????

Whiskey

/ Some real Trac-tors... #6  
Very interesting pictures. I guess I can understand the need for the tracks in rice paddies, but can you, or anyone else, tell me why they are not used more in this country? It seems that the additional traction would be helpful in many situations here as well. I've been told by a farmer that the really big tracked Deere and Cat ag tractors benefit not only from increased traction, but also from less soil compaction due to the weight being distributed over a larger area. I also wonder how the top speed of the tracked machines compares to wheeled tractors; i.e., road gears.

/ Some real Trac-tors...
Bird,

I don't know the answer, but I did see that 33 hp moving and it seemed like it would go pretty good. It was smooth and quiet and I liked what I saw/heard.

I have a flyer I think and can take a look and see if says top speeds...just checked it...looks like the smaller 16 through 20 hp models of the granbia series top out at 12.7 KM/hr for hst and 13.2 km/hr for the gear drive...I don't have any specs for the larger "Power Crawler" tractors, which is what they are called in Japanese... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16.2 km/hr is 10 miles per hour...so they are not too fast...at least the smaller ones...

/ Some real Trac-tors... #8  
I want some of those tracks !!!!!! Nice pictures. Thanks for showing them. How was your trip?

/ Some real Trac-tors... #9  
Looks a little like Mattracks . I was talking to a friend who works for Case-IH a few weeks back. He indicated that the big ag tractors with duals front and rear are getting close to the compaction numbers of tracked tractors and they are apparently less expensive. Maybe tracks will have a short lived hey-day /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Some real Trac-tors... #10  
There are some of the Cat and Deere tracked machines around here, even a couple of combines.
They seem to road gear as well as their wheeled counterparts.