Some times it's best to leave things alone, if it aint broke don't try fixing it.

/ Some times it's best to leave things alone, if it aint broke don't try fixing it.
I had a chain saw with rotted lines as well, but couldn't find replacement fuel lines. All I could find were the 1/4" lines. Where do you get the small lines?

You should beable to find the small tubing at any Auto parts store there common in auto repair, but my fuel tubing passed through the fuel tank housing, where you had to split the tanks housing to replace it.

This was the reason i was told it would be cheaper to just buy a new $154 dollar Poulan then pay to fix my 13 year old saw.

The forum poster who said they knew it was a quick fix, and i was being told the cost and time to fix it was to high there wrong and may not understand how my old Poulan fuel tubing was installed.

/ Some times it's best to leave things alone, if it aint broke don't try fixing it. #12  
As was asked before, what model Poulan was it?

/ Some times it's best to leave things alone, if it aint broke don't try fixing it.
As was asked before, what model Poulan was it?

Sorry i did not get the model posted, it's a PolanPro Mod.#PP4218AVX has the 18 inch bar.

/ Some times it's best to leave things alone, if it aint broke don't try fixing it. #14  
I have that exact same saw and I replaced the fuel line myself. All you have to do is drain the fuel tank. Remove the top cover. Remove the carb. Reach into the fuel tank through the filler hole with either locking needle nose pliers or hemostats, grab the fuel line inside the tank and pull it and the filter out through the filler hole. Then take you new piece of fuel line and put a really long diagonal cut on it to give it a needle-like pointy tip. Push that tip through the fuel line hole on the outside of the tank and down into the tank. Reach into the tank through the filler hole with the pliers or hemostats and pull the fuel line into the tank and out the filler hole far enough to put on a new fuel filter. Shove the new filter on the line back into the tank. Close the tank. Reinstall the carb and top cover and you're good to go. It takes about half an hour and costs less than a dollar for the fuel line and a couple bucks for the filter.

I'm not gonna comment on what I think about that repair shop.

If you still have the Poulan saw, try this repair yourself. You'll have a good backup saw for just a little time and money. :)

:thumbsup:

I have that exact same saw and I replaced the fuel line myself. All you have to do is drain the fuel tank. Remove the top cover. Remove the carb. Reach into the fuel tank through the filler hole with either locking needle nose pliers or hemostats, grab the fuel line inside the tank and pull it and the filter out through the filler hole. Then take you new piece of fuel line and put a really long diagonal cut on it to give it a needle-like pointy tip. Push that tip through the fuel line hole on the outside of the tank and down into the tank. Reach into the tank through the filler hole with the pliers or hemostats and pull the fuel line into the tank and out the filler hole far enough to put on a new fuel filter. Shove the new filter on the line back into the tank. Close the tank. Reinstall the carb and top cover and you're good to go. It takes about half an hour and costs less than a dollar for the fuel line and a couple bucks for the filter.

I'm not gonna comment on what I think about that repair shop.

If you still have the Poulan saw, try this repair yourself. You'll have a good backup saw for just a little time and money. :)

:thumbsup:

Well the PoulanPro was bought in 2007 and it weighs around 13 pounds, my new STIHL MS211 with 18" Bar weighs 9.5 Pounds, this alone makes using it a lot easer for me being 82, and even being smaller it has been used by many to fell large trees.

There are many good Youtube videos showing people really using the STIHL MS211, i even watched a guy in Alaska on Natl. Geographic Life Below Zero, cutting through the ice in a lake to get large chunks of ice for use in making drinking water.

I just put my old PoulanPro in the trash, if anyone needs a brand new 18" PoulanPro chain i will send it to you just pay the shipping.

It made my finishing Holly Bush removal quick and simple, the PoulanPro also did a great job but after using the STIHL MS211 i sure noticed the less weight between the ProulanPro and the STIHL MS211.

/ Some times it's best to leave things alone, if it aint broke don't try fixing it. #16  
Glad you got something that you like much better. :thumbsup:

I just hate to see people told 4 hours for what would take a professional probably 15 minutes, as I did it in half an hour with no prior experience.

Good luck with your new saw. :)

/ Some times it's best to leave things alone, if it aint broke don't try fixing it. #17  
530069247 = .140" (3.56mm) OD X .080" (2.03mm) POULAN OEM 530069247 FUEL LINE

Glad you got something that you like much better. :thumbsup:

I just hate to see people told 4 hours for what would take a professional probably 15 minutes, as I did it in half an hour with no prior experience.

Good luck with your new saw. :)

I admit i was looking for an excuse to buy a new STIHL Chainsaw.

/ Some times it's best to leave things alone, if it aint broke don't try fixing it. #19  
:laughing: :thumbsup:

/ Some times it's best to leave things alone, if it aint broke don't try fixing it. #20  
Well the PoulanPro was bought in 2007 and it weighs around 13 pounds, my new STIHL MS211 with 18" Bar weighs 9.5 Pounds, this alone makes using it a lot easer for me being 82, and even being smaller it has been used by many to fell large trees.

There are many good Youtube videos showing people really using the STIHL MS211, i even watched a guy in Alaska on Natl. Geographic Life Below Zero, cutting through the ice in a lake to get large chunks of ice for use in making drinking water.

I just put my old PoulanPro in the trash, if anyone needs a brand new 18" PoulanPro chain i will send it to you just pay the shipping.

It made my finishing Holly Bush removal quick and simple, the PoulanPro also did a great job but after using the STIHL MS211 i sure noticed the less weight between the ProulanPro and the STIHL MS211.

MY 40V 16" battery powered saw does not seem to have any starting problems, and my being nearly 80, means it actually has a longer charge than I do.