Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!!

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #61  
OBWON, nice job on all the work you've done so far. There's some good ideas on how to disable the tractor. Is there any way you can put a hinged piece of metal over the ignition switch with a padlock? Hard to stick a screwdriver in there if you can't get to it.

Looks like you have the current situation in hand, I won't comment on what to do because you know best being there.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #62  
even if you do ward the key switch.. there are wires sticking out hte back of it.

a 5" pack of RS jumpers will do the trick.. or can 'roll yer own' for near free...

keys and locks are to keep 'honest people/honest criminals' out

unfortunately..

soundguy

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #63  
even if you do ward the key switch.. there are wires sticking out hte back of it.

a 5" pack of RS jumpers will do the trick.. or can 'roll yer own' for near free...

keys and locks are to keep 'honest people/honest criminals' out

unfortunately..

soundguy

True enough but that takes some smarts, so far these guys only will do what a screwdriver allows with force. They'd probably be afraid to get zapped off that big 12volt battery. :D

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #64  
i should have expanded that to say honest criminals and dumb criminals :) cuz the smart and dishonest ones will steal a safe out of fort knox .. ;)

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #65  
I'm only a young man, and not full of experience or wisdom. I have however had the opportunity to be turned around and try to help others turn around also. I wasn't a terrible kid, nor did I ever even really get into trouble, but I wasn't going then where I'm going now. I've tried to encourage a few people now to see the value of hard work, the contentment of delayed gratification, and the importance for a spiritual world view and some have seen fruit worth cultivating. Most have tried to take advantage.

You can't take a duck to eagle school. I agree with deepmandog - even if only 1 learns to fly with the eagles it is worth it. BUT, you've got the be able to discern when your just dealing with ducks who only want to swim and you've got to just send them out to swim. IF you find an eagle that doesn't know how to fly, then you take him under your wing - and when you do, you display to him and encourage in him the grit, integrity, and character that makes guys men.

My 2 cents, anyway .....

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #66  
jomar215 said:
I'm only a young man, and not full of experience or wisdom. I have however had the opportunity to be turned around and try to help others turn around also. I wasn't a terrible kid, nor did I ever even really get into trouble, but I wasn't going then where I'm going now. I've tried to encourage a few people now to see the value of hard work, the contentment of delayed gratification, and the importance for a spiritual world view and some have seen fruit worth cultivating. Most have tried to take advantage.

You can't take a duck to eagle school. I agree with deepmandog - even if only 1 learns to fly with the eagles it is worth it. BUT, you've got the be able to discern when your just dealing with ducks who only want to swim and you've got to just send them out to swim. IF you find an eagle that doesn't know how to fly, then you take him under your wing - and when you do, you display to him and encourage in him the grit, integrity, and character that makes guys men.

My 2 cents, anyway .....

I believe you have more wisdom than you think! And I sense that you, like myself, are working on our rewards that we will receive one day, so we will have something to lay at His feet.

Great post my brother!

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #67  
I don't think there is any guaranty of rewards. That's not the best motivation anyway. You do what you do and it is a reflection of what you are made of. The ego/mind will have a different picture than the heart. The heart has to be strong to keep a place of power over the illusion our minds see.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #68  
i agree.. do it for you.. not them, and you will be less disapointed. ie.. if doing it for you.. your affirmtion of character is automatic. if doing it for them and looking for results.. you may be let down..

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #69  
I would go with rehab rather than jail time. However, in this litigious society if they were hurt while helping you what then? If they decide that your the enemy and decide to accuse you of something inappropriate your life as you know it will end. Supervised court ordered community service may work for both parties without any liability incurred on your part. Good intentions may come back to haunt you. Good luck with your decision.

/ Someone tried to steal my Massey, help!! #70  
Glad they were caught, and hope they will learn a lesson.

How about hooking up a remote controlled relay to disable the ignition and/or the fuel pump.

This would disable one thing.

This would disable two.

You'd need the key fob to to start the tractor, and you could hide them somewhere not easily accessible.